By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT explains its Uncharted 2 score

After watching the video, I'm with GameTrailers on this one. They also raise a good point that expectations and standards change over time.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Right, so Halo 3: ODST gets a 2? Expectations change depending on what game they are reviewing.

iWarMachine said:
room414 said:
indodude said:
This thread makes me ill.... 9.3, yet some of you bitch and moan about it? Please remove the sand out of your vaginas.

Can you people get it through your heads that it's NOT about the score. Whether real or imagined it's about bias on the part of gametrailers.

nope, simply because they don't read anything in the thread.

I think the stance of some people, including myself, is that whether it's inconsistency or the actual score doesn't really matter. We are talking about a few percent either way. 

You can't tell Gametrailers that the scores they award, even if not the same, need to be entirely consistent and proportional with Metascores.  There is no metric of the absolute quality of a game and therefore people can't turn around and say but U2 is better than game Y that got a higher score.  Such statements beg the question, by whose standard is U2 a better game? Even if 90 percent of people agree that U2 is the better game, GT is entitled to disagree.

I feel the whole 'innovation' thing is a bit of a red herring, in the end the guy thought U2 was worth a 93%.  If people aren't happy with that in the scheme of GT's other reviews, then ignore them. It's just not that important, especially when the majority of sites and reviewers agree that U2 is that good. 

It seems some people won't be happy until 100% reviewers agree with their opinion.

Zucas owns the thread. He had arguments from both sides and basically summed up how everybody feels. Good score, bad defense, who cares, lets play some uncharted on Tuesday.

Your actually arguing that a game got a high score compared to another game that got a high score.

What is the issue here exactly? Are we complaining about it getting a high score or are you complaining he didnt get on his hands and knees then go ""UNCHARTED 2 IS GOD!"" like most you act on the forum?

Around the Network

uncharted 2 is god.

Seriously though, 9.7. GOTY without any question. be happy guys.

Mr_Power said:

Let's see what Modern Warfare 2 does.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Mr_Power said:

Let's see what Modern Warfare 2 does.

coolbeans said:
Xoj said:
well halo 3 wasn't innovative, whats the score?

Forge Mode and Screenshots + Movie Clips of SP and MP games you recently.  Let me know if I missed anything.

Co-op and Multiplayer and that mode where you can make movies from ground up with bluescreen and everything. Not to mention that your char lipsync you if you speak into a mic.

Check out my game about moles ^