By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT explains its Uncharted 2 score

Interesting to note that Viacom (which owns gametrailers) is in a significant business partership with microsoft.

NEW YORK, N.Y. and REDMOND, Wash. – Dec. XX, 2007 – Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) and Microsoft Corporation today announced a broad-based, strategic alliance under which major divisions of both companies will collaborate on advertising, content distribution, event promotions and games over the next several years.

Kevin Johnson, president of Microsoft’s Platforms & Services Division, said, “We are delighted to establish this long-term partnership with Viacom. Viacom’s portfolio of original content and strong consumer brand connections are a terrific complement to Microsoft’s web, gaming and digital advertising assets. This deal is another milestone in our quest to build a world-class advertising platform to serve the broad needs of advertisers and publishers. If ever there was a ‘win-win’ partnership across two companies, this is it.”

Viacom, consisting of BET Networks, MTV Networks and Paramount Pictures, is the world's leading entertainment content company. It engages audiences on television, motion picture and digital platforms through many of the world's best known entertainment brands, including MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Harmonix, Nickelodeon, Noggin, Nick at Nite, AddictingGames, Neopets, COMEDY CENTRAL, Spike TV, TV Land, Gametrailers, BET, Paramount Pictures, DreamWorks and Paramount Vantage. Viacom's global reach includes approximately 145 channels and 300 online properties in 160 countries and territories.

http://advertising.microsoft.com/sverige/NewsAndEvents/PressRelease.aspx?Adv_PressReleaseID=838

Around the Network

its a good score, although i cant see why gears 2 is higher

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

well, to me 9.3 is a very good score ...

Time to Work !

I've always thought that Gametrailers was fair (for the most part) on their scores. I agree, a great game with little innovation (read most PS3 games, most 360 games and most Wii games without the motion controls) doesn't deserve a truly great score.

The difference here is how well people mask their lack of innovation. This is what differentiate PS3, 360 and Wii games. Uncharted and Uncharted 2 from what I've seen and read, is a blatant(ly good) copy of many other games. I don't see a game with little innovation getting the perfect score. The same can apply to many many many many amazing games.

How is this different from gears? Epic may not have imagined the post-apocalyptic world originally, but they were one of the first to fully realise one in gaming (or at least console gaming). Also, they were the first mainstream game to use a (good) cover system. They were the first to popularise the "horde" mode system, they may not have been the first to have it. That's probably why Halo 3 scored well, because of forge (a system so easily used on PC but never really done on consoles).

Also, I'm fairly certain (and it's fair that they do this), a sequel that doesn't differentiate itself from the original deserves a higher score IF the original (and therefore the series) are "innovators" (in the sense of making things popular) then one that doesn't.

I'm not sure why they felt they needed to explain their reviews, they are one of the few sites that don't exaggerate scores in order to show how they feel about a game (which IGN is now doing). A game doesn't need to be a 9.5+ to be an amazing game, but it's websites like IGN that make it so, and those darn fanboys that just want Uncharted 2 to be in the Top 10 on gamerankings or metacritic.

lol @ dinomax

Around the Network

Why is it always the Sony fanboys that get bent out of shape over things like this? The game didn't even get a bad score! 9.3 is a great score. GamePro gave Forza 3 an 8/10 (effectively). Underneath the review, 2 or 3 of the comments are saying that the review was crap. Imagine if it was a PS3 game. Their site would have been invaded by now.

It pisses me off that people actually seem to care about tenths of one percent and whether a game on their favoured platform scores 0.1 less than a game they've never played (yet strangely hate with a passion) on a different platform. Sites get bogged down with ridiculous arguments and accusations of bias. I'll be enjoying Uncharted 2 and Forza 3 in the coming weeks. The sad fanboys obsessed with trying to justify their choice to buy one console over the other need to just enjoy the system they have and give it a rest.

Things like this really show just how pathetic fanboys are. Those of you bitching about it on here are no better than them. Seriously the Gametrailers review was very well done. FYI 9.3 is an excellent score. It got a better score than Uncharted added a few things to the series but nothing actually new or innovative. New features on Uncharted 2 have been in many other titles. Gears of War 2 came up with Horde mode. Guess who reinvented that mode in a recently released title? Halo 3:ODST in a little mode called Firefight but it is so different from Horde mode in so many ways that it is essentially new but the original concept wasn't. Is coop new? Is online multiplayer? What unique multiplayer modes did they bring to the game? I could go on and on. People just need to learn that everyone has their own opinions and that game reviews are not all done by just one guy on every game related site either. BTW before anyone trys to bitch at me and say I am acting like a X360 fanboy... know this, I have Uncharted 2 preordered and full paid for and I cannot wait to play it come next week.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

I find it funny how he felt the need to defend his review. However, I can't comment further without playing the game and then watching his review again.

Good on the people who complained though.

I couldn't careless if they gave this thing a 9.0 since that already tells me how great this game is going to be. an 8.9-8.5 probably a little scratchy.... 8.4-below... Then that's another thing....

I'm not worried about the score, it's good.

But their comments here are bogus, they gave Halo 3 a 9.8 (above industry average) and Gears of War 2 a 9.5 (again above industry average)..........

Uncharted 1 was very innovative, part 2 should of course be similar. Uncharted fans don't want Uncharted 2 to be like Call of Duty 8 renamed. Uncharted 2 provides the first multi-player platformer of its kind and provides many unique features not seen in a video game before.

IMO this comment from them is complete and utter bogus...

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales