By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official A Boy and His Blob thread of 2D goodness

Wii has returned 2D gaming on home consoles, and I've surely missed it.
Titles as Muramasa, LostWinds(3d but played as 2d), A Boy and His Blob, Wario Shake it, NSMBWii... show that 2D still can be attractive bot visually and gameplay wise.

I just hope this game sells great.

Around the Network

This should certainly have legs. Otherwise the christmas boost, if its in stock, should give it 200k or so.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'm not so sure; the fact that the game's not getting much mention (pro or con) even on internet forums makes me suspect that it's going to be another Klonoa: a great 2D-platformer that never finds an audience.

I hope I'm wrong . . . but I can't help noticing that no game I've made an official thread for has sold gangbusters, and that outside of Punch-Out!! none of them have met the publishers' expectations.

My interest is the kiss of death for game sales.

A quick note for the three of you who are interested: Fry's is planning on selling the game for only $30 on launch day (i.e. Tuesday), so take advantage of this if there's one nearby. I'm not sure if they applies to their online store too, but if it does...you probably won't save much due to shipping. =^/

They need to put boy and his blob in SSBB

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

So has anyone gotten it yet? It looks like this game's being sent to die...

I hope this sells extraordinarily good so we'll have more sprited/illustrated 2D games. 2.5D usually ends up looking rather ugly to me.

I have and love Wario Land: Shake It! - still playing it trying to 100% it in fact. I have Klonoa and I love that too (will get to it soon), and I will eat this game up too. Or rather, give it nice, snuggly hug!

Getting this tomorrow as part of the TRU 'buy-2-get-1-free' deal along with Dead Space: Extraction and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Yay!

Kenology said:
I have and love Wario Land: Shake It! - still playing it trying to 100% it in fact. I have Klonoa and I love that too (will get to it soon), and I will eat this game up too. Or rather, give it nice, snuggly hug!

I hear there's a button to do just that!

noname2200 said:
Kenology said:

I hear there's a button to do just that!

Yessir!