By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official A Boy and His Blob thread of 2D goodness

With thanks to Torillian for permission to make an official thread.

Blobonia has been taken over, and it's up to the sole escapee and his new human friend to save the Earth and rescue Blobonia! A Boy and His Blob is a 2D platformer remake from Wayforward. Players control the boy, and feed the blob one of fifteen different jelly beans. Each bean transforms the blob into something new, such as a ladder, cannon, or trampoline. The boy uses these transformations to reach new areas, defeat enemies, and conquer bosses.

Featuring beautiful hand-drawn graphics and animation, A Boy and His Blob promises to merge old-school action with modern elements to create a unique and enjoyable title.

Release information:

Price: $40

N.A. Release Date: October 13, 2009

PAL Release Date: Late 2009

Players: 1

Boxart:

FAQ:

Q: What's changed?

A: Pretty much everything. While the plot and premise remain the same, the modern game has entirely new levels, structure, bosses, beans, you name it. For the few of you who remember the original, you'll find that everything's been switched up on you.

Q: How long is it?

A: The game contains 40 standard levels, and 40 additional challenge levels. The standard levels alone are supposed to take around ten hours to beat, so you're looking at a fairly lengthy title here.

Q: Can I use the Classic Controller?

A: Yup!

Q: So if I'm a platformer-junky, should I look into this one?

A: Not if you hate fun.

Screenshots:

Videos:

Around the Network

Hmm, not a full-priced game? Then there's no excuse for not getting it.
Ah, those screens makes me drool. This and Muramasa really shows that 2D still has much to give.

Ever since I've played as that lovable blue Hedgehog, platforming has been my first love. Sure, we've seen the genre ebb and flow with the times... but there's just something about it that ignites my imagination and wonder.

I can't wait for this game.

Add me to the hype list NoName!

There are a couple sweet gameplay vids on gametrailers you should grab. I'm on my phone or I'd grab em for you.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Cool, will do. Thanks.

Around the Network

great game, bad price, will buy in 3 months when its $19.99

We should see some reviews soon, ey?

gansito said:
great game, bad price, will buy in 3 months when its $19.99

Kind of a contradiction in terms there, mate!

forest-spirit said:
We should see some reviews soon, ey?

With any luck. I know Nintendo Power gave it an 8.5, for what it's worth.

I think I'll pick this game up come January after I get my $10 off coupon for preordering NSMB Wii and I actually have time to game again. Then it'll only be $30.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Money's tight and my back log is growing by the week, but this game is high up there on my list. It's just... so pretty... Makes me wish I was a kid again...