By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A PC is NOT a Console!!!!

SecondWar said:
JerCotter7 said:
SecondWar said:
bmmb1 said:
"A PC is NOT a Console!!!!" - you're right, it's better.

In what way, if you mean better at playing games it isnt, which is why PC game versions hardly sell compared to their console counterparts (Not counting games like The Sims and Age of Empires). For everything else it is

Just because it doesn't sell as much doesn't mean it's not better.

Maybe, i suppose didnt really think my post through. Its more Ive heard of games like Halo and GTA 4 being ported onto the PC and I think they must be extremely awkward to play with a keyboard instead of and 360/PS3 controller.

Can't say for GTA. But FPS will always be better with a mouse and keyboard.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Shio will not be pleased.

Shio hates the dirty console gaming peasant's.

He will be most pleased.

lol but from the OP it sounds like a PS3/PC. >:D

JerCotter7 said:
SecondWar said:
JerCotter7 said:
SecondWar said:
bmmb1 said:

In what way, if you mean better at playing games it isnt, which is why PC game versions hardly sell compared to their console counterparts (Not counting games like The Sims and Age of Empires). For everything else it is

Maybe, i suppose didnt really think my post through. Its more Ive heard of games like Halo and GTA 4 being ported onto the PC and I think they must be extremely awkward to play with a keyboard instead of and 360/PS3 controller.

You obviously grew up playing video games on consoles as opposed to PC's so it might be weird to you.

People that grew up playing on PC's and not consoles might think it is weird to use a controler and sit in front of a TV when PC gaming rules how it is already.

bmmb1 said:

DAMN! You beat me to it xD

I LOVE ICELAND!

AdventWolf said:
JerCotter7 said:
SecondWar said:
JerCotter7 said:
SecondWar said:
bmmb1 said:

You obviously grew up playing video games on consoles as opposed to PC's so it might be weird to you.

People that grew up playing on PC's and not consoles might think it is weird to use a controler and sit in front of a TV when PC gaming rules how it is already.

I don't understand? I never said it's weird to me. Although I did grow up on consoles I played UTIII on pc and instantly loved mouse and keyboard.

Around the Network

^No, you said awkward which is because you are used to using a controller. If you grew up playing PC games on keyboards and mouses then you would think it is the bees knees!

Did someone tell you a PC 'is' a console?

Carl2291 said:
Can i ask what the point of this thread is?

I think hes trying to justify that "console" exclusives count as "exclusives". Even though they're not really exclusives.

the newer the consoles get the more they start to remind pc's. heck you can even browse the net on ps3 and use all kinds of programs. You can also change the operating system of a console like linux on ps3.

I started playing on consoles before pc's but I prefer pc-versions of games usually, because of the modability. I got all kinds of neat mods for oblivion.

Vashyo said:
the newer the consoles get the more they start to remind pc's. heck you can even browse the net on ps3 and use all kinds of programs. You can also change the operating system of a console like linux on ps3.

I started playing on consoles before pc's but I prefer pc-versions of games usually, because of the modability. I got all kinds of neat mods for oblivion.

Same here, I recently played the Night Terror mod campaign of L4D.. Amazing!