By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A PC is NOT a Console!!!!

What is your point?
I can still play video games on a PC. So why would I care whether it is technically considered a console or not?

Around the Network

Ok, so much misdirection happening here.
A console, by it's very definition, is something that is OPTIMIZED to perform a singular task. Thus, A PC is NOT a console. (It is, as Onyxmeth said, it is a platform, but that's not the argument here)

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Can i ask what the point of this thread is?

Shio will not be pleased.

And why is this an argument? Please share some light on what influenced you to make this thread? I think it is understood that the PC is a console. That is why there is something called "console" gaming and "PC" gaming. That is why there is something like the console role playing game. That is why people differentiate the two. Either way, they can both be used to play video games, so there is very little reason to mention the difference between the two.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

What's a "Shio"?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Shio hates the dirty console gaming peasant's.

He will be most pleased.

The definition of consoles have changed drastically. Consoles can do many different functions now, as opposed to a couple of generations ago.

"an electronic device for playing video games, usu. requiring connection to a television;"

I can plug my PS3 into my computer monitor just fine :D.

What's the point of this thread? I heard no one ever claim that a PC is a console.

patapon said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

What's a "Shio"?

http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=11795thatsashio