By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A PC is NOT a Console!!!!

"an electronic device for playing video games, usu. requiring connection to a television"

Hm...I use my PC to play video games, and LCD monitors are basically HDTVs, especially now that they're in 16:9 format. Thank you for starting your post off with this definition. It saved me the time and effort of having to read through the rest of your post.

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
"an electronic device for playing video games, usu. requiring connection to a television"

Hm...I use my PC to play video games, and LCD monitors are basically HDTVs, especially now that they're in 16:9 format. Thank you for starting your post off with this definition. It saved me the time and effort of having to read through the rest of your post.

Yes, you can use your PC LIKE a Gaming console. But A PC is not optimized for gaming only, and is therefore NOT a console. I explained this in my OP.

@ everybody asking the point of this thread.

I created this thread as a predicessor to a thread that I plan to create once everybody here has come to a general consensus as to what a PC really is. At that time, the intent will be revealed. Belieive me, this is not to troll on PCs as they ARE a viable gaming option. I'm just trying to get the VG chartz community to agree on a few things.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Of course not it's gaming device but not a console. To me there's only so far PC, Consoles and Handhelds...

Former something....

Carl2291 said:
Can i ask what the point of this thread is?

This is my question and we still haven't gotten clarification on this point from the OP.

hsrob said:
Carl2291 said:
Can i ask what the point of this thread is?

This is my question and we still haven't gotten clarification on this point from the OP.

Read my last post. If I tell you why, the fanboy in many will rear it's ugly head, and this thread will become a slaughter house. That is NOT what I want. If you cannot post anything beneficial to the thread, please do not post at all, what you are doing is spamming, and is a bannable offence.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Around the Network

I can watch movies on a Xbox360/PS3, therefore they are not consoles.

Solid said:

WRONG! The PS3/360 are no optimized to do anything other than play games. They CAN do other things, but are hardly as versitle as a PC.

Past Avatar picture!!!

As someone stated earlier, the OP's probable intent/hope is (was?) to set up the ground for "any game that is on one console and the PC can still be considered an exclusive for that console"...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Yeah becuase consoles are in a class ahead of PC's. PCs are better for playing some games though I'll admit, like chess and solitaire.

ironman said:
Solid said:

WRONG! The PS3/360 are no optimized to do anything other than play games. They CAN do other things, but are hardly as versitle as a PC.

Actually, I'd go as far as to say the PS3 was designed/optimized with Blu-ray as a higher priority than gaming. It was by far the best player at the time (and is still fantastic, especially at its price). PS3's main focus was to push BD. Gaming was an afterthought...until now at least.