By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Natal may cost you

@ Jagged, and what is this usual price curve? because I think a high end big corporate guy has alot more money to spend then a regular civilian in the middle of a financial crisis.. that sentence is absolutely useless due to a usual price curve not having a definition or price

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network
gamelover2000 said:
@ Jagged, and what is this usual price curve? because I think a high end big corporate guy has alot more money to spend then a regular civilian in the middle of a financial crisis.. that sentence is absolutely useless due to a usual price curve not having a definition or price

Exactly, trying to glean any pricing information from the quote is almost completely useless.  The only thing we can get is that the price will go down over time.

@Mistershine You speak English?

I'm going to wait for all the bugs to be fixed, and then the price reductions. I'm not that dumb, especially in this generation of consoles. Natal Slim, Natal in different colors, Natal with extra features. As much as I love my Xbox 360, I'll wait.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Nightwish, I doubt NATAL will release with extra features, other colours or a slim version will be released

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

In order for natal to succeed it must cost lower than the Wii by the time it releases.

Also I think its important to note that the MS needs the core market to accept it first before it can succeed since the Wii would have already been selling strong for about 4 years by then. With the Wii dominating the casual market, MS will need its core users to increase the Natal's install base before the casual audience will start looking.

Lol... and some people are actually expecting it to cost on the 50-80$ region. TBH I also bealieve that 80$ would be a great pricetag if it comes with a game, but anything above 100$ will kill a lot from the already diminishing hype. I know that there is still plenty of time to advertise it right but for a camera anything above 100$ just for gaming is not a mass-market price

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Because the Wii is $199, I think Natal alone has to be a lot cheaper ($100-150). Considering there'll be a price drop for the Arcade and Elite next holiday season I think a bundle of an Arcade plus Natal can't cost much more than $250-300. If you make the price higher than this, casuals won't buy it and the difference with the Wii will be too high for new consumers.

I think Natal will release around the $100 mark. Microsoft cannot price it higher and still expect to have much third party support for it. Third parties will not invest the amount of money necessary to develop games for it if they don't think it will have wide adoption. Although the $100 wifi accessory causes some concern for Natal pricing, the difference is MS doesn't need you to buy the wifi accessory. Natal will be priced to sell in my mind.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

nofingershaha, actually it must cost less then 75%ish of the Wii to succeed.. a Xbox 360 (wich by then will cost around 150USD + a 150 dollar extension for the Xbox 360 could do okay but anything mroe then 300USD combined will fail