By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Christmas 09: The Year Xbox 360 Rules the Roost

Hmm, if this data is accurate (which we can only assume it is) then VGChartz has overtracked the DS by about 75 million, Wii by 35 million.

Tough luck ioi

Around the Network
libellule said:
NA propaganda missing that

NA =/= World

It is not because u tape "Xbox 360" that u want to buy one !
it is because YOU MAY already have one !!!
also, guess what ? most of the Xbox360 owners are in NA !!!!!!!! all equiped with internet !!!!!!

Also, the mummy that buy the 360 arcade for their children doesn't go check it on internet ...

Overall, I expect the 360 to perform really well because it is cheap and because of the FM3/MW2 bundle
but seriously, this internet study is crap ...

also, where is the Wii ?
oh, behind the HD twins ...
/thread

/Your intelligence?

(Its about the U.K market) you know a friendly reminder so no offense intended even though you are trying to offend yourself.

Tease.

ironman said:
Settle down guys, the OP could be correct...the only issue is, will he be correct in countries other than the UK? lol

If he's right it will be for the wrong reasons, as this data simply doesn't translate to sales at all.  Look at the Wii line and look at Wii sales - oh, yeah, big correlation there.

The Wii (mostly) outsells the 360 or sells roughly the same in UK.  Yet it has far less searches (maybe Wii owners and interested parties simply don't use internet to search for Wii topics much vs 360 owners or interested parties?).

I'm not going to flame the guy, it's factual data - it's just not great data to use for his extrapolation, like say the latest Amazon top 10 best-sellers.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

lol wow.....just wow

Gilgamesh said:

lol wow.....just wow

lol amen brother.

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Around the Network

We will see. Doubt it, tho. I think what we will see after the price cut effect is all done and xmas is a sales pattern like that of before last years 360 price cuts. Then again there are a tonne of new and first gen games comming to the PS3 next year. Gonna be real interesting to watch it pan out!

lol... U.K only?

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

It was outselling both Wii and PS3 earlier in 2009. But now it's had a price increase and the PS3 had a price cut, I doubt it.

lol i love how everyone is getting so angry. Honestly the charts are probably going to be wrong but people dont need to get so worked up about it

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Searching on the internet is something FAR different from buying a console.. people who search cheats, walktrough's, trailers and much more for games often type the console version behind it and 360 has sold more software then PS3.. so OBVIOUSLY itll get more searches, this thread has fail argumentation

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

This is an accurate method of determining holiday sales. Almost as accurate as rolling a dice.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective