By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - For older gamers (30+) - Zelda OOT

Those of us over 30 remember the original Legend of Zelda. 20+ would have been better.

Around the Network

Why 30+ for a 10-year old game... ?

Honestly, I didn't get that feeling from it (and yes I got it at launch). I did however get such a feeling from Super Mario 64.

Link to the past will always be my all time favorite zelda.

I´m not gonna comment on the age range you picked, since others have already done that.

Anyway, Zelda OOT is my favorite N64 game and one of my favorite games of all time, easily...I wonder if I´ll ever get that 'OMG SUPER RARE MASTERPIECE' feeling in a Zelda game again.

Well, I'm only 24 so I guess my opinion doesn't count=/

Around the Network

i remember when i got that game, i think its one of very few games i have ever preorderd and my mom went and got it for me, ahhh good times.

There are only 2 other games that have given me the same feeling and fond memories as OOT.
Wind Waker and Super Mario Galaxy. I preordered them at my local Game and went down to the store at 10:00 when they opened. Fantastic experiences.

When I got OOT 4 years after its release, it blew me away. I never thought I'd feel that way about a game again... then I played Shenmue 2 and ICO.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

I'm 25 and had a website dedicated to OoT. You can't get much more hardcore than that

Anyways, I loved that game and still do. I haven't played it in a while, but I definitely played it to death. Mario 64 and Zelda: OoT both blew me away and totally amazed me.

Wii Sports is the only game to do that since. It didn't blow me away in graphical prowess or awesome world music, but in sheer fun with motion controls. I played Wii Sports for 2.5 days straight and my arm was so sore afterward

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I'm only 20, but I still remember the glorious days of playing OoT for the first time.

The only thing since then that has come remotely close were Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Mario Galaxy.

Well....I'm 29 but I didn't get the feeling so much. Maybe it was because I was into PC gaming for a while, and the concepts introduced in OOT were nothing new, although it was for consoles. Still, it was great.