By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Fufinu said:
reptile168 said:
If you purchase the new 360s, your chances of having RROD is pretty slim.

The thing is, if new models are less than 2 years old, and most of the RROD problems came at around 2 years, how can you be sure the problem is gone?

Stores have less returns on new 360s. Original 360s RROD before the end of the first year.

New 360 overheats less and consume less power. Ain't that the main reasons for RROD?

Around the Network
reptile168 said:
Fufinu said:
reptile168 said:
If you purchase the new 360s, your chances of having RROD is pretty slim.

The thing is, if new models are less than 2 years old, and most of the RROD problems came at around 2 years, how can you be sure the problem is gone?

Stores have less returns on new 360s. Original 360s RROD before the end of the first year.

New 360 overheats less and consume less power. Ain't that the main reasons for RROD?

not exactly, a device 360 will always get hot, but now it does less heat, yet they have changed how they built, so RROD Cause still there,  also scaler ship can melt and cause E74.

but of course maknig it produce less heat makes that happen more slowly.

the RROD is very rare anymore. The new jasper units are great. And besides if it does fail you have the 3 year warranty. Go ahead and jump in

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Xoj said:
stika said:
BladeOfGod said:
stika said:
BladeOfGod said:
Slimebeast said:
Stealth trollers thread to lure out haters to bash the X360.

RROD has been fixed, but hateful people will keep claiming it's still a big problem.

a link???

I already gave you one

where does it says ''RROD is fixed'' ?

here:

which is well below the industry's 3-5% standard

are you saaying 360 never had over 10% of failure rate? it's impossible.

numbers never go below 10%

There are some things he's failing to mention about this graph.  First, it only includes the consoles that SquareTrade has had reported to them and not the ones reported to MS.  Now who do you think gets more reports.  I'll give you a hint, it begins with M.  And because MS doesn't put out their own numbers, we'll never truly know.  Recently, Game Informer did a poll and found that of those who owned a 360, 54% had failed.  IGN did a similar poll, and found that 58% had failed.  Before these polls the general consensus was 33%.  And second, this study was only done one quarter after the Jasper was released.  By the graph itself you can see it took two quarters after the Falcon was released for failures to start going up.  So it would be interesting to see what the numbers are like now.  But then again, MS gets a vast majority of the console returns, not Squaretrade.

And for all of you who think the Jasper chip fixed everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NB-5pg8Xc

Two things for you to consider about this vid.  One, the same people raving about the Jasper chip fixing everything are the same people who were saying the Falcon chip would fix everything.  Guess not since MS needed to try yet another chip when claims of RROD started going up again.  And two, this guys intentions were to get a 360 so he could start doing side-by-side comparisons with the PS3.

Oh and just in case you think that's not a new 360:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCHVTqDmg_U

thismeintiel said:
Xoj said:
stika said:
BladeOfGod said:
stika said:
BladeOfGod said:
Slimebeast said:
Stealth trollers thread to lure out haters to bash the X360.

RROD has been fixed, but hateful people will keep claiming it's still a big problem.

a link???

I already gave you one

where does it says ''RROD is fixed'' ?

here:

which is well below the industry's 3-5% standard

are you saaying 360 never had over 10% of failure rate? it's impossible.

numbers never go below 10%

There are some things he's failing to mention about this graph.  First, it only includes the consoles that SquareTrade has had reported to them and not the ones reported to MS.  Now who do you think gets more reports.  I'll give you a hint, it begins with M.  And because MS doesn't put out their own numbers, we'll never truly know.  Recently, Game Informer did a poll and found that of those who owned a 360, 54% had failed.  IGN did a similar poll, and found that 58% had failed.  Before these polls the general consensus was 33%.  And second, this study was only done one quarter after the Jasper was released.  By the graph itself you can see it took two quarters after the Falcon was released for failures to start going up.  So it would be interesting to see what the numbers are like now.  But then again, MS gets a vast majority of the console returns, not Squaretrade.

And for all of you who think the Jasper chip fixed everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NB-5pg8Xc

Two things for you to consider about this vid.  One, the same people raving about the Jasper chip fixing everything are the same people who were saying the Falcon chip would fix everything.  Guess not since MS needed to try yet another chip when claims of RROD started going up again.  And two, this guys intentions were to get a 360 so he could start doing side-by-side comparisons with the PS3.

Oh and just in case you think that's not a new 360:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCHVTqDmg_U

You really like trolling the RROD don't you. Here's a fun fact for you, Youtube =/= objective sourcetherefore your attempt fails. Hey, here's another fun one, The RROD has been DRASTICALLY reduced in the Jasper models, there can be no debate about that fact. Oh and the last...and most important fact, if you do get an RROD within three years of purchasing a new console, you don't have to worry, MS has got your back. What does Sony have? A YLOD issue that seems to hit AFTER their measly one yer warranty runs out...then they basically say "screw you!" (did you like that last one? thats basically what you are doing here)

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

I always knew youtube was the best source to prove your facts from.

^his points are right thought.
chart it's totally artificial, and polls some something closer to the numbers.
i have seen jasper E74ed. yet that doesn't mean numbers haven't dropped.

but going less than 1% thats bull fabrication.

@ ironman

Lol, nice factual debate. No, Youtube is not a definitve source for info. However some vids do have a purpose. And the purpose of that vid is to show that no, RROD is not gone.

The fact that people still stand behind such a faulty peice of hardware just amazes me. If this is acceptable, I guess everything should be like that. You get your "fixed" 360 back after a almost a month, then immediately you have to send in your TV for a few weeks to have it "fixed". Then your computer, MP3 player, Wi-Fi. Doesn't matter how often they break, they have a 3 year warranty. Do you see how aggrevating it would be if everyone followed MS? Just rush out a peice of electronics, no matter how faulty, just to be first on the market. Soon everything in your house would be broke and you'd be waiting for weeks to get them back, only to have them break a few months later.

And all you seem to do is mimic MS in their press statements. They always say RROD is declining, but until I see some numbers I don't believe them. I mean these are the people who released the faulty thing in the first place. Then when RROD was running rampant they denied it for over a year and a half. Only when faced by several class action lawsuits did they move. Then they claimed the Falcon chip would fix the issues, but once again, after about half a year the claims of RROD rose again. Now your just going to sit their and accept that the Jasper chip is the ultimate fix. Why? Cause they said it was? Where are the old and new numbers? Where's the proof?

Oh and considering that the PS3 has a failure rate of 5% or lower, I doubt people really need to be so concerned about the YLOD. The YLOD? Now that's something I haven't heard about recently. Well unless it's from a fanboy bringing up news from 2006.

Xoj said:

^his points are right thought.
chart it's totally artificial, and polls some something closer to the numbers.
i have seen jasper E74ed. yet that doesn't mean numbers haven't dropped.

but going less than 1% thats bull fabrication.

It's not so much that it's artificial, just a very small part of the picture.  I believe everyone would admit that the vast majority of claims go to MS, since they are repairing them for free for 3 years.  I just want official numbers from MS, but I know that will never happen.  I mean think about it.  If it's really gone down, and it's really as small as 2%, MS would be just pumping out the numbers to show that in fact the problem has been solved.  However, all we get are words.  Well sorry, I just don't accept MS words at face value.

Also, I don't see why I posted a vid from Youtube of a new Jasper 360 RROD after 2 days, they have to get all uptight and disregard the other points I make.  I guess when you have no argument you just point out the "weakest" point of the other persons argument and ignore everything else.

I'm sorry, but anyone who puts any stock into the Game Informer survey or IGN poll needs their head examined.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.