By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BladeOfGod said:
Slimebeast said:
Stealth trollers thread to lure out haters to bash the X360.

RROD has been fixed, but hateful people will keep claiming it's still a big problem.

a link???

I already gave you one

Around the Network
stika said:
BladeOfGod said:
Slimebeast said:

RROD has been fixed, but hateful people will keep claiming it's still a big problem.

a link???

I already gave you one

where does it says ''RROD is fixed'' ?

BladeOfGod said:
stika said:
BladeOfGod said:
Slimebeast said:

a link???

I already gave you one

here:

which is well below the industry's 3-5% standard

Hmmmm...There's a lot of pricks in this thread. You could clean up VGChartz considerably by banning about 20 members who have posted in right now.

The "RROD" has gone as in the era of RROD. RROD will always exist but now it is at normal levels. That is to say if the Xbox 360 was launched today with it's current reliability levels you would never have heard of RROD and thus this thread would not have been made and we wouldn't have prick upon prick posting "information" on their experience.

Strangely enough they all own PS3's and don't have fucking clue what their talking about.

Nice stealth troll btw op.

stika said:
BladeOfGod said:
stika said:
BladeOfGod said:
Slimebeast said:

a link???

I already gave you one

here:

which is well below the industry's 3-5% standard

are you saaying 360 never had over 10% of failure rate? it's impossible.

numbers never go below 10%

Around the Network
Foibbles said:
Hmmmm...There's a lot of pricks in this thread. You could clean up VGChartz considerably by banning about 20 members who have posted in right now.

The "RROD" has gone as in the era of RROD. RROD will always exist but now it is at normal levels. That is to say if the Xbox 360 was launched today with it's current reliability levels you would never have heard of RROD and thus this thread would not have been made and we wouldn't have prick upon prick posting "information" on their experience.

Strangely enough they all own PS3's and don't have fucking clue what their talking about.

Strange thing to me is that anybody who wants to call a spade a spade and hold MS accountable for the sheer irresponsibility of the quality control debacle that was/is the RROD is labeled as a Sony fanboy or a Nintendo fanboy.  The people who should be calling out MS on this is their own customers.  It's sad that we've had 4 years of excuses about warranties, failure percentages, etc.  The simple truth is that it is blind Microsoft fanboys that have continued to throw their money at a substandard product.  If we were talking about ANYTHING else (a car, a home appliance, etc.) or if it were something made by a foreign company rather than an American one, that product would have been shunned by consumers.  This whole "gotta buy American" thing is overrated.  Shame on anyone who rewards poor quality control on ANY product with their consumer dollars.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

dougsdad0629 said:
Foibbles said:

Strange thing to me is that anybody who wants to call a spade a spade and hold MS accountable for the sheer irresponsibility of the quality control debacle that was/is the RROD is labeled as a Sony fanboy or a Nintendo fanboy.  The people who should be calling out MS on this is their own customers.  It's sad that we've had 4 years of excuses about warranties, failure percentages, etc.  The simple truth is that it is blind Microsoft fanboys that have continued to throw their money at a substandard product.  If we were talking about ANYTHING else (a car, a home appliance, etc.) or if it were something made by a foreign company rather than an American one, that product would have been shunned by consumers.  This whole "gotta buy American" thing is overrated.  Shame on anyone who rewards poor quality control on ANY product with their consumer dollars.

I believe many console owners DO hold MS accountable for the RROD issue, BUT since MS manned up, admitted they were wrong, tried fixing the problem with new hardware, AND offers an unprecidented 3 year warrenty for the RROD/E74 issue, I believe MS has recognized this and done everything they could to remedy the issue. Also, the reason 360 owners get all pissy about it when trolls and fanboys bring up the issue is because theissue is made out to be more than it should be, it is made to look worse than it is. And now with the newest iterations of the motherboard, the RROD/E74 issue is at or lower than the rate of YLOD.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
dougsdad0629 said:
Foibbles said:

I believe many console owners DO hold MS accountable for the RROD issue, BUT since MS manned up, admitted they were wrong, tried fixing the problem with new hardware, AND offers an unprecidented 3 year warrenty for the RROD/E74 issue, I believe MS has recognized this and done everything they could to remedy the issue. Also, the reason 360 owners get all pissy about it when trolls and fanboys bring up the issue is because theissue is made out to be more than it should be, it is made to look worse than it is. And now with the newest iterations of the motherboard, the RROD/E74 issue is at or lower than the rate of YLOD.

I agree that MS has stepped up with free repairs and an extended warranty.  Good for them.  However, rather than keeping on making the system using the original faulty design, they should have done the warranty thing on existing units and done a redesigned/slim model that designs the problem out entirely.  Rereleasing the console in a different form would have done away with any fears any consumer had.  If they had done that, I'd already own one.  I would have bought a 360 instead of a Wii (which I regret buying).

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

dougsdad0629 said:
ironman said:
dougsdad0629 said:
Foibbles said:

I agree that MS has stepped up with free repairs and an extended warranty.  Good for them.  However, rather than keeping on making the system using the original faulty design, they should have done the warranty thing on existing units and done a redesigned/slim model that designs the problem out entirely.  Rereleasing the console in a different form would have done away with any fears any consumer had.  If they had done that, I'd already own one.  I would have bought a 360 instead of a Wii (which I regret buying).

Yes, because a slim design, with smaller heatsinks, and pricer (at the time) GPUs and CPUs would have been the way to go, jack up the price on a new untested design that would have more problems that the previous one would have, if that would not have killed the MS gaming dept, I don't know what would! They DID change the internal hardware, and re-designed the motherboard, twice. It was far to early for a re-release, that is (from a business standpoint) the WORST thing MS could have done.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

the haters of xbox 360 is overwhelming sometimes.