By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

great reduced it's misleading.

ps3 have 2% failure rate.

if now have a 1% failure rate do newer hardware. it's not seem as much just 1%
now 360 fail have gone from 60-54-33-16%.

while reduced still high.

Around the Network
Xoj said:
great reduced it's misleading.

ps3 have 2% failure rate.

if now have a 1% failure rate do newer hardware. it's not seem as much just 1%
now 360 fail have gone from 60-54-33-16%.

while reduced still high.

Xoj, posting false numbers without links or facts to back them up is poor form and can be mis-interpreted as trolling.  Please refrain from making bogus comments like the above in the future. 

People should stop rewarding faulty design and poor quality control testing with their consumer dollars. Just cause something comes with a warranty that will get it fixed for you doesn't excuse it. A warranty is something that is nice to have, but you should rarely need. That's why extended warranties on products are generally a sucker bet, because a well constructed/designed consumer product likely won't even need the default warranty. The fact that the warranty is practically a necessity for the 360 is troubling. The cause of the RROD (to my understanding) is an inherent design flaw with EVERY 360. Yes, I'm sure the smaller chip sizes have reduced this due to outputting less heat, but consumers should speak with their wallets and demand a true redesign such as a slim model. I will buy a 360 if and only if there is a redesign.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

twesterm said:
WheelStriker said:
twesterm said:
Every piece of electronic equipment can break, so in that sense, no, it's not gone.

But has it been greatly reduced? Yes.

Just buy a new console and you'll be fine. The newer ones have the RRoD greatly reduced and you will have a three year warranty.

And I swear, the first person to post a link to that ridiculous Gamespot survey will be shot or something not pleasant (at least in my mind)...

The survey may have been a bit biased at first. But it does prove that the xbox 360 is still the most unreliable console of this generation. But I assume that's just for the older versions (20gb model).

No, it doesn't prove anything because it's a completely innacurate sample. 

1. You don't even know that people are telling the truth (because your typical Nintendo/Sony fanboy will just say they got one and your MS fanboy will just say they never did).
  2. The people that are angry are the most likely to answer a random survey like that.

I repeat-- that survey people keep waving around as some kind of proof or even educated guess is absolute garbage.  You might as well just make a random thread and take the first 25 posters word for it and call that definitive because it would be exactly the same.

And while the launch and near launch 360's were without a doubt the most unreliable, the new ones I would say are actually more reliable than the PS3.  Of course I'm going off of people I actually know so this is no more definitive than the above mentioned survey, but I know of a lot more people with broken PS3's than broken 360's that were bought within the last two years.

Man saying the 360's are more reliable than the ps3 is going a little far isnt it .5 of my cousins and 4 friends of my have all gotten RROD and 2 of those were elites.My 360 alone got RROD 3 times before i said forget it and got a ps3.Out of the 6 people i know with ps3's one launch 60gig kept giving him problems like freezing.Believe me or not i was a 360 fanboy bashing sony over the price until microsoft failed me and i got a ps3.

you got 3 years for RRoD warranties + reduced chance of getting it = enjoy loads of fun and exciting games!

Around the Network

@lilc64

What makes Elites different from other sku's? Nothing but the Hard Drive. Leo J has the BEST PS3 and it broke, does that mean the other PS3 are gonna break? Nope.

Fact is, the RROD is very small.

Coincidentally enough, I've been reading up on this too, since I'm considering buying a 360 too. Apparently you need to look for a 360 with a Jasper chipset. Some articles I saw mentioned only a 4% failure rate with those, which sounds pretty nice.

How you can tell if it has a Jasper chipset is if it comes with a 150W power supply (instead of 175W) or the serial number that appears through the box displays an operating amperage of 12,1 A.

Seece said:
LOL you're always constantly trolling Microsoft/360 news/threads. Why would you suddenly want one?

This is just a stealth troll RROD thread.

seece and his pwning

mM

reduced greatly from launch, but microsoft still needs to bring the failure down even more, at least under 7 percent.

If you purchase the new 360s, your chances of having RROD is pretty slim.