By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Seece said:
LOL you're always constantly trolling Microsoft/360 news/threads. Why would you suddenly want one?

This is just a stealth troll RROD thread.

This is what I was thinking too, but I kept it to myself.  I checked his post history briefly and didn't see anything too awful in the first page so I left it alone...

Around the Network

You'll have a ROD almost for shure if you buy a 360.

But it has 3 years warranty, in the worst case you don't play for a month. If you want it, buy it.

no, RROD's failure rate is still somewhere about 30%, and that means that almost every 3rd 360 sold got RROD

Even if the X360 sold 100M consoles this gen -- all of the Xenon and Falcon chipsets have a good chance of choking in the next couple years, if they haven't already. Thus, if the Jasper fail rate was even 10% over a 5 year span, you'd still see the "XBox 360 failrate" at like 24% over the entire history of the console. It'll go down as the most fail-prone console of all-time, despite the fact that MS has basically fixed the problem with the latest model.

In short, Jasper X360s are worthy hardware. You shouldn't be scared of one. Its the other models of X360 that skew the numbers. Buy new, and you should be okay. Buy used, and you're asking for trouble. Then again, many X360 fans claimed RRoD was gone after the Falcon, and that, apparently, wasn't really true... but I think in this case, the tales of the Jasper being relatively safe from RRoD are correct.

I have a Jasper myself these days, and it hardly gets hot at all. My slim PS2 seems to get hotter, even.

WheelStriker said:
Seece said:
LOL you're always constantly trolling Microsoft/360 news/threads. Why would you suddenly want one?

This is just a stealth troll RROD thread.
I've wanted one for a long time because they have the games I want to play. I just don't like microsoft's business practices and the xbox 360 fanatics (possibly you).

Microsofts business practices? What's that when it's at home eh? Bullshit and you know it. They're no different than the rest.

Around the Network

With the 3 year warranty, you shouldn't worry much. Plus, it's been reduced.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Keep_the_change said:

But it has 3 years warranty, in the worst case you don't play for a month. If you want it, buy it.

Wow, so I see your trolling extends to all things 360 and not just Natal.

There is no guarantee he will get RROD, and if he buys a NEW 360 like he says, it is actually almost guaranteed that he WON'T get RROD.  He does still have that 3 year warranty to cover it in case it happens, and worst case scenario he would be without his 360 for a week or two.

At least MS has manned up and admited their hardware errors, unlike Sony who still charges $150 for every YLOD repair which always seem to be needed outside of the 1 year warranty....

Keep_the_change said:

Please do not spread false information.

If you don't know the answer to a question, just don't post.

BladeOfGod said:
no, RROD's failure rate is still somewhere about 30%, and that means that almost every 3rd 360 sold got RROD

This is so wrong, its sad....

Its not fixed. It will never be completely gone. But its a lot better now. My friends red ringed like 2 weeks ago.