By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Funny how people commenting in this thread who actually own a 360 (including those that additionally own a PS3) are more upbeat about the hardware than those that don't.

Around the Network

Honestly I don't know anyone with a Jasper X360 who has seen RRoD.

I do know a couple folks who scored an ancient Elite recently (during the price drop), and got RRoD... but those older Elites were largely Falcons, and even some Xenons.. they just didn't move off the shelves until the price drop hit.

If you do buy new... don't buy an older Elite. Get one of the new Elites, or an Arcade. Or even a clearance $249.99 Pro is likely to be a Jasper.

nightsurge said:
If you purchase a new Xbox 360 with Jasper revision you will be very safe. Odds of it failing are probably about equal to a PS3 or Wii failing and much less than that of older PS3's or 360's.

This!

Is stupidity gone? No.

Theres going to be some moron who leaves his Xbox 360 on all week and treats it like trash and it's going to break.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

The pedantic answer is no. Because the RROD is a standard indicator of system failure on a 360, and some system's will always fail.

However, the specific design fault which became synonymous with the RROD indicator has probably reduced significantly, although I'm sure it still occurs, just not as often.

So my answer is no, it's not gone, but it may have been brought down to acceptable levels.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

My 4 year old has been kicking the shit out of 360 for over a year now and no rrod. He even covered it in paper and turned it on once for a whole day. It was hot to the touch, but no rrod. I think it will ring at some point as it goes through severe abuse, but it has been pretty hardy so far. More so than the PS3 when he fed 5 disks into it lol.

Kids are awesome.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Ignore the Sony Fanboys.

Yes its GONE. Jaspr models are fine , got mine like February and its running so smooth (i upgrade now i have 2 360´s working smooth).

Get a Xbox 360 MW2 Bundle , its JASPER , has 250GB so u can install the game to HDD and download alot of things from Xbox Live.

RRoD is gone , Jaspers are fine ... Sony Fanboys like to say not but dont believe they are just jealous that they cant afford the True next gen Console.

Buy it and have fun , make sure u get Xbox Live for 30$ on Amazon or Ebay and enjoy games like MW2 on Xbox Live and meet new people!

Have FUN =)

Oh and if u need to play wirless make sure u buy the new one adaptor...its black but is much better , it gives 1000MBS so u can Stream 1080p Videos from Future Zune MarketPlace and u got better conections but believe me if u can play by cables just get WIRED because its SO MUCH BETTER!

I'm pretty sure you knew the answer before you made this thread.

yeah still very common.
and its not really worth getting a 360 for like 2 year old games.

iHuGi said:

Ignore the Sony Fanboys.

Yes its GONE. Jaspr models are fine , got mine like February and its running so smooth (i upgrade now i have 2 360´s working smooth).

Get a Xbox 360 MW2 Bundle , its JASPER , has 250GB so u can install the game to HDD and download alot of things from Xbox Live.

RRoD is gone , Jaspers are fine ... Sony Fanboys like to say not but dont believe they are just jealous that they cant afford the True next gen Console.

Buy it and have fun , make sure u get Xbox Live for 30$ on Amazon or Ebay and enjoy games like MW2 on Xbox Live and meet new people!

Have FUN =)

Oh and if u need to play wirless make sure u buy the new one adaptor...its black but is much better , it gives 1000MBS so u can Stream 1080p Videos from Future Zune MarketPlace and u got better conections but believe me if u can play by cables just get WIRED because its SO MUCH BETTER!

lol what true next gen console?