By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3 Product Manager: We beat GT5 on a lot of features

joora said:
Carl2291 said:
joora said:
Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:
Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:
joora is cracking me up with these Charlie the Unicorn clips, lol. There's one for every response :P

I find it funny how if the roles where reversed with metacritic scores, Gran Turismo fans would always refer to them as proof that GT is the "better" game franchise. It's only natural. But seeing as how the metacritc scores favor the Forza series, it's downplayed. Just play whatever makes you happy, because when it comes to "facts" (not to be confused with "truth") Forza wins everytime :)

Don't you find it much funnier that full Forza games get compared to the demo for GT5?

Nope. I don't because the ones defending Gran Turismo treat Prologue as a full game, including reviewers. Since when does a demo get the full retail treatment, reviews and all...? Yea..thought so.

It gets that treatment because it is a Gran Turismo game. When you are the best, that is what tends to happen.

That's why the demo for GT5 has sold 3.5 Million copies.

Isn't the whole purpose of a demo to showcase the game experience for FREE, before buying the game?

So, either your logic is flawed and GT:5P is a full retail game (which it is, because it was sold to customers), or Polyphony are just so greedy that they charge a demo, thus treating PS3 owners like trash.

Make up your mind.

I haven't seen a definition what say's a demo is for free.

A demo is a demonstration of a product. That is all.

Maybe PD care that GT fans have had to wait 5 years for the full release of the game, so they give the fans something to wet the appetite until the full game is released. And if that said demo can sell 3.5 Million copies, im sure PS3 owners dont care about being tret like "trash" when that demo is better rated than a LOT of full games.

Has Polyphony strictly defined GT5:P as a DEMO (not as a prequel, but as a demo, those exact words) ?

Demo/Prologue... same thing lol, although im not sure they have ever gone on record about it.

Both provide an introduction to the main product.

And i need to correct myself on the sales part. It has actually sold ~3.9 Million copies.

Around the Network

Seriously??  Do we need a daily thread for people to rip on Forza 3?

yo_john117 said:

Seriously??  Do we need a daily thread for people to rip on Forza 3?

It's more like a daily thread of Turn 10 ripping on GT5.

Carl2291 said:
joora said:
Carl2291 said:
joora said:
Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:
Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:
joora is cracking me up with these Charlie the Unicorn clips, lol. There's one for every response :P

I find it funny how if the roles where reversed with metacritic scores, Gran Turismo fans would always refer to them as proof that GT is the "better" game franchise. It's only natural. But seeing as how the metacritc scores favor the Forza series, it's downplayed. Just play whatever makes you happy, because when it comes to "facts" (not to be confused with "truth") Forza wins everytime :)

Don't you find it much funnier that full Forza games get compared to the demo for GT5?

Nope. I don't because the ones defending Gran Turismo treat Prologue as a full game, including reviewers. Since when does a demo get the full retail treatment, reviews and all...? Yea..thought so.

It gets that treatment because it is a Gran Turismo game. When you are the best, that is what tends to happen.

That's why the demo for GT5 has sold 3.5 Million copies.

Isn't the whole purpose of a demo to showcase the game experience for FREE, before buying the game?

So, either your logic is flawed and GT:5P is a full retail game (which it is, because it was sold to customers), or Polyphony are just so greedy that they charge a demo, thus treating PS3 owners like trash.

Make up your mind.

I haven't seen a definition what say's a demo is for free.

A demo is a demonstration of a product. That is all.

Maybe PD care that GT fans have had to wait 5 years for the full release of the game, so they give the fans something to wet the appetite until the full game is released. And if that said demo can sell 3.5 Million copies, im sure PS3 owners dont care about being tret like "trash" when that demo is better rated than a LOT of full games.

Has Polyphony strictly defined GT5:P as a DEMO (not as a prequel, but as a demo, those exact words) ?

Demo/Prologue... same thing lol, although im not sure they have ever gone on record about it.

Both provide an introduction to the main product.

And i need to correct myself on the sales part. It has actually sold ~3.9 Million copies.

I've edited the post, so you can look up and find a definition on game demo. And Prologue is more tied to Prequel than Demo.

Anyway, why you even argue when the GT awesomness speaks for itself? Everybody loves it

So, instead of arguing, go and play the demo you have payed for.

Looks like Turn 10 needs to turn 170 more degrees and stop this nonsense.

Around the Network

I aint payed for the demo

but i do stand corrected on it not being a demo...

Even then, full Forza games still get compared to the Prologue of GT5

Carl2291 said:

What would you like to compare them to, GT4? That's the only GT game released on the PS3. Good try though.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

geddesmond2 said:
I've seen turn 10 staff over the past year in interviews bring up Polyphoney and GT5 a lot without being asked about them or being bitter towards them. I have never seen any Gran turismo staff even mention Forza or turn 10 ever lol. That tells people a lot. When people arn't on your rader you tend not to know them. When someone is on your rader and you want what they have but you can't get it. You tend to bitch a lot about it. Ladys and gentlemen I give yous TURN 10

That's because Polyphoney is crazy about cars long before anyone heard of Turn 10, thus they try to get as many cars they can into the GT series. Turn 10 is coming after the shadow of GT and trying to compete with them hoping to take some of  Polyphoney glory.

Carl2291 said:

Well, there is only GT5:P to compare it to ATM. But IMO all that is irrelevant, both IP's are great and it is great that both, PS3 and X360 driving sim fans have the opportunity to play AAA race sims on their consoles. Consoles aren't cheap for most ppl, and owning 2 or all 3 of them isn't an option for many.

themanwithnoname said:
Carl2291 said:

What would you like to compare them to, GT4? That's the only GT game released on the PS3. Good try though.

Instead of comparing them to GT5p, why dont you wait until GT5 releases?

Or maybe even compare them to NFS: Shift, GRID, DiRT etc? Instead of the introduction to an upcoming game?