By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3 Product Manager: We beat GT5 on a lot of features

Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:
joora is cracking me up with these Charlie the Unicorn clips, lol. There's one for every response :P

I find it funny how if the roles where reversed with metacritic scores, Gran Turismo fans would always refer to them as proof that GT is the "better" game franchise. It's only natural. But seeing as how the metacritc scores favor the Forza series, it's downplayed. Just play whatever makes you happy, because when it comes to "facts" (not to be confused with "truth") Forza wins everytime :)

Don't you find it much funnier that full Forza games get compared to the demo for GT5?

Nope. I don't because the ones defending Gran Turismo treat Prologue as a full game, including reviewers. Since when does a demo get the full retail treatment, reviews and all...? Yea..thought so.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Around the Network
AlkamistStar said:
Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:
joora is cracking me up with these Charlie the Unicorn clips, lol. There's one for every response :P

I find it funny how if the roles where reversed with metacritic scores, Gran Turismo fans would always refer to them as proof that GT is the "better" game franchise. It's only natural. But seeing as how the metacritc scores favor the Forza series, it's downplayed. Just play whatever makes you happy, because when it comes to "facts" (not to be confused with "truth") Forza wins everytime :)

Don't you find it much funnier that full Forza games get compared to the demo for GT5?

Nope. I don't because the ones defending Gran Turismo treat Prologue as a full game, including reviewers. Since when does a demo get the full retail treatment, reviews and all...? Yea..thought so.

It gets that treatment because it is a Gran Turismo game. When you are the best, that is what tends to happen.

That's why the demo for GT5 has sold 3.5 Million copies.

Kids enough is enough! Im putting my foot down last comment!

There's been some harsh words exchanged between Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3 developers over the last few months, with both camps knocking the other racer.

The bitch-slapping reached a peak when Turn 10’s Che Chou posted on his Forza blog that the Gran Turismo franchise has become “stagnant,” while another employee signed up for an account on NeoGaf forums to slag off the racer to the community - he foolishly signed up with his Microsoft email so was soon found out by staff.

Forza's product manager has now fueled the feud by going on record to claim that his racer beats Gran Turismo hands-down in terms of features.

Speaking to EGTV , he was asked how he thinks Forza 3 stacks up against GT5. He replied:

"We've seen it on the floor, it's a good looking game, in terms of the content feature by feature, you know, I believe we beat them on a lot of the features as well our 400 hundred cars, they're fully built cars, full interiors, uh, fully damageable and deliveries just to mention that user created - user generated content really takes our game to the next level."

Forza 3 arrives on October 23rd and Gran Turismo 5 won't be out until 2010. That will give us plenty of time to dissect Forza and judge Gran Turismo when it arrives. One thing's for sure, racing fans are in for a real treat over the coming months.

Further information has now been revealed on GT5 via the official Polyphony Digital website. Though the list of features has now been removed, GT Planet has managed to salvage some of the information, which includes news that the game will feature 1,000 cars!

Included in the exhaustive list of vehicles will be electric cars, such as the Honda Insight and Toyato Prius. Furthermore, approximately 170 vehicles will feature realisitc interior damage modeling. The rest of the roster will show external damage only. It's believed that Polyphony Digital's hasn't been able to persuade some car manufacturers to let them virtually smash up their vehicles inside and out.

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=19876

Turn 10 have dug themselves a grave, all this negative bashing of Gran turismo 5 and Kesuke Miyagi has been unfair. With turn 10 continiously hyping their game Gran turismo 5 and miyagi are adding the final touches to the greatest racing game of all time.

Thread closed baby

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

account2099 said:
Haste262 said:
Even though ill end up getting both, i know ill like gt5 better. Simply cuz gt is the best racing series of all time.

not anymore. when u can release 2 AAA SIM games before the competition release 1, you know ur not what u used to be

Youll fit in very well here.

Its going to be funny when GT5 sells more than F2 and F3 combined totally negating your 2 for 1 argument. Ill do you a favor and not even count the 4 million including downloads of prologue.

account2099 said:
Haste262 said:
Even though ill end up getting both, i know ill like gt5 better. Simply cuz gt is the best racing series of all time.

not anymore. when u can release 2 AAA SIM games before the competition release 1, you know ur not what u used to be

Lol, you do know that the AAA term is complete rubbish.

When GT5 comes out then compare them, right now from what I have seen GT5 looks like it will be vastly superior.

But your probably just an alt account who has come here to do some trolling.

Around the Network

I'd really prefer to stay out of this . . . MESS, but there is something that needs to be acknowledged about this whole Turn 10 vs. PD thing.

As a whole, the gaming community does not recognize how GOOD the Forza series has been. Gran Turismo is considered the top one without even consideration that something could be up there with it. Its the same thing that happened with NFL 2KX vs. Madden XX. Because Madden was the big series with all of the sales, many gamers never considered even trying 2K until it was $20 and then many were like "why not?" and then ended up LOVING the game.

Turn 10 needed to get the word out about how good their product is and the comments they've made about their game (remember, they have not directly trashed GT or PD's work) has gotten their game more attention than it has ever received before. Chances are more fair-minded gamers will give it a shot and really love what they experience.

Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:
Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:

It gets that treatment because it is a Gran Turismo game. When you are the best, that is what tends to happen.

Isn't the whole purpose of a demo to showcase the game experience for FREE, before buying the game?

So, either your logic is flawed and GT:5P is a full retail game (which it is, because it was sold to customers), or Polyphony are just so greedy that they charge a demo, thus treating PS3 owners like trash.

Make up your mind.

joora said:
Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:
Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:

Isn't the whole purpose of a demo to showcase the game experience for FREE, before buying the game?

So, either your logic is flawed and GT:5P is a full retail game (which it is, because it was sold to customers), or Polyphony are just so greedy that they charge a demo, thus treating PS3 owners like trash.

Make up your mind.

I haven't seen a definition what say's a demo is for free.

A demo is a demonstration of a product. That is all.

Maybe PD care that GT fans have had to wait 5 years for the full release of the game, so they give the fans something to wet the appetite until the full game is released. And if that said demo can sell 3.5 Million copies, im sure PS3 owners dont care about being tret like "trash" when that demo is better rated than a LOT of full games.

Carl2291 said:
joora said:
Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:
Carl2291 said:
AlkamistStar said:

Make up your mind.

I haven't seen a definition what say's a demo is for free.

A demo is a demonstration of a product. That is all.

Maybe PD care that GT fans have had to wait 5 years for the full release of the game, so they give the fans something to wet the appetite until the full game is released. And if that said demo can sell 3.5 Million copies, im sure PS3 owners dont care about being tret like "trash" when that demo is better rated than a LOT of full games.

Has Polyphony strictly defined GT5:P as a DEMO (not as a prequel, but as a demo, those exact words) ?

EDIT: neverming my previous question, it turned out to be unnecessary, because i've find a videogame demo definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_demo

A game demo is a freely distributed demonstration or preview of an upcoming or recently released computer or video game.

Demos are typically released by the game's publisher to help consumers get a feel of the game before deciding whether to buy the full version.

Notice the "freely distributed" part

All the GT5 hype reminds me of the door:

I cant believe they have the guts to say that, im loosing respect every time I see an interview with them.

mM