By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3 Product Manager: We beat GT5 on a lot of features

heruamon said:
yo_john117 said:
JaggedSac said:
yo_john117 said:
Carl2291 said:
yo_john117 said:

Seriously??  Do we need a daily thread for people to rip on Forza 3?

It's more like a daily thread of Turn 10 ripping on GT5.

Ummm they didn't rip on GT5.

I have been trying to get that across for the entire thread.  People have terrible reading comprehension I guess.

I guess it goes to show that people see and hear only what they want to hear to make it benefit their ulterior motive.

To be honest, I read his comments, and sure, you could take it out of context, but why even go there?  He's comparing his game to GT5...if the interviewer ask you about that game...he could have jsut said, they are doing there thing, and we are doing ours...

I agree he should have simply given a diplomatic answer, however, readding Jagged's response and reviewing the interview again I'm feeling more lenient.  I think the guy, as a product manager, felt he had to attempt to put a positive spin on Forza 3 and, being a product guy, listed a bunch of stuff, which was a mistake.

You either politely duck, or give a cheeky answer like Epic did with Gears 2 and Resistance 2 - "Insomniac are great guys and their game will be great.  Ours is just a bit bette"

But in the end I guess a Product Manager is unlikely to be the most PR savy.

The response level to this I suspect is based on a general weariness on the whole Forza vs GT topic & the fact Turn 10 have made one to many 'bash the competition' statements for their own good.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Of course Forza 3 beats GT5 on a lot of features. The user generated content, the damage / physics stuff, the way it will be integrated in Xbox Live etc.

I don't know why people are hating Turn10. Both Forza games were AAA games so far and Forza 3 won't be different.

The latest GT received a 75 @ metacritic.com

Turn10 is just one great developer and they delievered. Just check the demo.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

Of course Forza 3 beats GT5 on a lot of features. The user generated content, the damage / physics stuff, the way it will be integrated in Xbox Live etc.

I don't know why people are hating Turn10. Both Forza games were AAA games so far and Forza 3 won't be different.

It's pretty obvious (and fully understandable) that people are objecting to how they are presenting themselves.  Basic selling 101 (and when Turn 10 speak publicily about their product they are selling) is that you don't bash the competition.  While some fans will lap it up, the majority tend to find it annoying and a 'turn off' towards the product.

Turn 10 have developed a great game, but they are doing a frankly poor job speaking publicily about it, often coming off as desperate to bash the competition and amaturish.

The funny thing is (more basic sales 101) when you repeatedly bash the compeition you tend to actually convince people the other product is better, that you secretly know it is, and feel you have to resort to direct attacks to compete.

So as many others have pointed out, they would do themselves (and their good game) a favour by changing their approach pubilicly on this point.

DirtyP2002 said:

I cannot believe I'm seeing this kind of rubbish here.

You're saying that F3 beats GT5 feature wise just like the Turn 10 dude when you probably don't know the full list of features of GT5. How could you say that a game that's pretty much finished have better features than a game that's not quite near the 100% completion mark? You don't know whether PD would decide to add more features or remove some features during the development. Maybe if both games were ready to be released at the same time period and Turn 10 has seen the full version of GT5 and if they truly believe that their game beats GT5 in features, then they can decide to say crap.

I just fail to see how you can compare the features of a complete game compared to a not complete game without knowing the full list of features.

Cross-X said:
DirtyP2002 said:

You're saying that F3 beats GT5 feature wise just like the Turn 10 dude when you probably don't know the full list of features of GT5. How could you say that a game that's pretty much finished have better features than a game that's not quite near the 100% completion mark? You don't know whether PD would decide to add more features or remove some features during the development. Maybe if both games were ready to be released at the same time period and Turn 10 has seen the full version of GT5 and if they truly believe that their game beats GT5 in features, then they can decide to say crap.

I just fail to see how you can compare the features of a complete game compared to a not complete game without knowing the full list of features.

I can't believe I am seeing this kind of rubbish by a 54 posts guy here. Remember on the internet, you are nothing without a big post count. Lots of posts = big epenis.

On a serious note: I just said, that Forza 3 has some features that GT5 won't have. I did not say, that Forza 3 is better than GT5 (neither did the forza guy) There are just some features that forza offers and GT5 don't. Probably there will be some features in GT5 that won't be in Forza3, too.

But all this hating got to a point, where people forgot that turn10 is actually a very very good developer. Again, both games got AAA status. Sure GT5 will outsell Forza, just like every Halo game will outsell every other shooter on any console (do not count multiplats, adding all sales for all consoles...)

So, it's all good, calm down, have a nice day.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Cross-X said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I can't believe I am seeing this kind of rubbish by a 54 posts guy here. Remember on the internet, you are nothing without a big post count. Lots of posts = big epenis.

On a serious note: I just said, that Forza 3 has some features that GT5 won't have. I did not say, that Forza 3 is better than GT5 (neither did the forza guy) There are just some features that forza offers and GT5 don't. Probably there will be some features in GT5 that won't be in Forza3, too.

But all this hating got to a point, where people forgot that turn10 is actually a very very good developer. Again, both games got AAA status. Sure GT5 will outsell Forza, just like every Halo game will outsell every other shooter on any console (do not count multiplats, adding all sales for all consoles...)

I think his point is you can only say 'Forza 3 will probably have features GT5 won't' - because while changes may be unlikely, GT5 ain't out and there is enough time for PD to tinker with the feature set.  I've seen no indication GT5 is 'feature locked' yet, therefore until it is, or releases, you cannot speak with certainty as to it's final feature list.

Reasonable said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Cross-X said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I think his point is you can only say 'Forza 3 will probably have features GT5 won't' - because while changes may be unlikely, GT5 ain't out and there is enough time for PD to tinker with the feature set.  I've seen no indication GT5 is 'feature locked' yet, therefore until it is, or releases, you cannot speak with certainty as to it's final feature list.

so GT5 copies Forza3 confirmed.

Didn't they already said not every car will have a visual damage system or something like this? So Forza got this feature.

etc.

DirtyP2002 said:
Reasonable said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Cross-X said:
DirtyP2002 said:

so GT5 copies Forza3 confirmed.

Didn't they already said not every car will have a visual damage system or something like this? So Forza got this feature.

etc.

Doesn't matter who's copying whom, and given Turn 10 have been coming from behind with Forza (oh, er, madam) I think its hardly worth mentioning.

Also, don't try and change the subject.  The point is the whole 'we have more features' is bloody moot on a title that's not feature locked.

We will know when reviews of both games are out.

But again the comment has been taken way out of context. I thought the comment was very mellow. What did you expect him to say, GT5 beats us on features?

@OP You are aware you can directly load any video from FM3 to Twitter or Facebook right?
Also The HD Video Editor, and fully customisable online modes simmilar to CounterStrike and Halo 3. Also He wasn't saying they had more cars, they said they had more features as well as 400 cars. Read it again.

I would say no matter what both games will no doubt have both strength as well as come up short in some areas. Dirt 2 looks better and has better damage physics than Forza 3 yet Forza 3 runs at 60 fps while Dirt 2 at 30 fps. Need For Speed Shift has the most interesting in-car view as this view moves as you ram up the engine , brake, etc. Dirt 2 nor Shift has as many cars as GT Forza. No doubt GT5 running 1080p with head tracking is a plus yet it will cost somewhere else.
Having 400 to 1000 cars is a big plus yet it will also have it cost usually balance . For example, the races will either be too easy so you can take any car and win with them or too hard so you can only race and win with a select few. One of the problems with all console racers is the game has to be design around a controller instead of a steering wheel, thus easy to drive with analogs.