By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - On a Scale of 1-10, How Satisfied Are You With This Site?

9/10

I'd love to have a "level up" feature, a progress bar, or something along that. Or those finger up finger down symbols per post.

Around the Network

8/10: I would like to have more data (also in the game database) and more news, but the site is great!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

ioi said:

On the subject of the Japan preview - this has already been explained numerous times in the past.

We get early SOFTWARE information, which forms the preview. We do NOT get any early hardware data so hardware figures are purely speculative based on how software has performed, knowledge of any price cuts / new models, historical trends etc. So the software estimates are based on actual hard data (and as such are normally very accurate) whereas hardware is a blind estimate and as such is good only as a guide.

Obviously this is a sly dig because our PS3 estimate in Japan was 10-15k too low last week - I really don't see why that is a big deal to people - like I say it is meant purely as a ballpark guide.

Numbers are rarely, if ever, "waaaay off".

So Japan preview is, and always has been, guesswork when it comes to hardware sales?

10/10

Enoy it a lot, enjoy making threads, made a few great friends....what more can you want?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

4.5/10 Too many Sony fans. I get harassed by the same Mod over and over again.

Around the Network
ioi said:
tedsteriscool said:
ioi said:

On the subject of the Japan preview - this has already been explained numerous times in the past.

We get early SOFTWARE information, which forms the preview. We do NOT get any early hardware data so hardware figures are purely speculative based on how software has performed, knowledge of any price cuts / new models, historical trends etc. So the software estimates are based on actual hard data (and as such are normally very accurate) whereas hardware is a blind estimate and as such is good only as a guide.

Obviously this is a sly dig because our PS3 estimate in Japan was 10-15k too low last week - I really don't see why that is a big deal to people - like I say it is meant purely as a ballpark guide.

So Japan preview is, and always has been, guesswork when it comes to hardware sales?

Yes, as everybody knows

I wasn't aware of this, but now I am

- 0.000,000,000 /10

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

10/10

4/10 - It's tough coming here if you're not a Sony fan. Sometimes I get caught up in the VGChartz vibe and think "Wow! Maybe my 360 is a peice of junk and I'm a terrible idiot for not buying a PS3!", then I play a game and think "Never mind!" I like the numbers, that's why I was here in the first place, but the forums are dominated by really unpleasant Sony fanboys, that I think are unable to look at things from anything but their own perspective. I would say that the forums get a 2/10 (with some REALLY big exceptions) while the numbers get an 8/10.

ioi said:
tedsteriscool said:
ioi said:

Yes, as everybody knows

ah ioi don't listen to him, id like to see him get any type of sales numbers himself!!

@Ot I'd give this site a 9/10, definitelly my favriot site for gaming news and sale figures