By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most played games on the PSP are Nintendo games

noname2200 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
lol, it's so funny cuz it's kinda real :)

my friend has PSP games but his emulation library is much bigger, he's not a pirate though!

Does he own a legitimate copy of each and every game in his emulation library?

I meant he doesn't pirate PSP games, but a lot of his emulated games are from older systems which he and i had like super mario world, sonic...etc

but you're right, the snes/GEN/whatever games he doesn't actually own are considered piracy i guess, i just thought it wasn't a big deal to pirate really old games.

snes games are still fun nowadays, those old nintendo games are truly masterpieces.

Around the Network

I was going to pirate my psp then I realized I'm not an asshole and I can afford the cost of games.

ChichiriMuyo said:
Emulators seem like a terrible excuse for why piracy is more prevalent on the PSP since emulators exist for the DS as well.

The 70+ Brain Age crowd and the 8 year old girl Nintendogs and Animal Crossing crowd aren't exactly 1337 h@x0rz.

PSP fans are hardcore, and hardcore gamers are all lying cheating thieves.  This is why Nintendo abandoned them.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
BladeOfGod said:
what about PS1 games?? PSP can also emulate PS1 games, and its a well know fact that PS1 libary>>>>>>>>>>>>> SNES,NES and GBA libary combined

For such a well known fact, I'm surprised that this is the first time I've ever heard it in my life.  In fact, it was so stupid it made me cry blood.

NES and SNES games age like fine wine, while PS1 games age like pixelated blocky chunky horrible 3-D turds.

That was harsh Rubang.

I'm not disagreeing, but that was still harsh.

miz1q2w3e said:
noname2200 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

my friend has PSP games but his emulation library is much bigger, he's not a pirate though!

I meant he doesn't pirate PSP games, but a lot of his emulated games are from older systems which he and i had like super mario world, sonic...etc

but you're right, the snes/GEN/whatever games he doesn't actually own are considered piracy i guess, i just thought it wasn't a big deal to pirate really old games.

snes games are still fun nowadays, those old nintendo games are truly masterpieces.

Fair 'nuff. It's definitely illegal, mind you, but I leave it to the copyright holder to enforce his rights, not me. No skin off my back! (despite what the DMCA tries to say...f***ing sellouts.)

And yeah, I loves me my NES/SNES games.

The sad thing is that I've seen so many people play games like Mega Man Batle Network, Mega Man Zero, Sonic and Super Mario World on their PSP, and very little PSP games.

This is the true definition of owning.

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
what about PS1 games?? PSP can also emulate PS1 games, and its a well know fact that PS1 libary>>>>>>>>>>>>> SNES,NES and GBA libary combined

For such a well known fact, I'm surprised that this is the first time I've ever heard it in my life.  In fact, it was so stupid it made me cry blood.

NES and SNES games age like fine wine, while PS1 games age like pixelated blocky chunky horrible 3-D turds.

The reason I skiped that gen and stayed with my sonic....

Former something....

BladeOfGod said:

no, no you got it all wrong. PS1 games have 3D beatuy games like Crash 2, Spyro The Dragon, CTR and Tekken 3, while NES and SNES games are all outdated, unplayable, ugly, chunky, 8-bit crap

noname2200 said:
BladeOfGod said:

That was harsh Rubang.

I'm not disagreeing, but that was still harsh.

miz1q2w3e said:
noname2200 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Fair 'nuff. It's definitely illegal, mind you, but I leave it to the copyright holder to enforce his rights, not me. No skin off my back! (despite what the DMCA tries to say...f***ing sellouts.)

And yeah, I loves me my NES/SNES games.

@noname, here, I'll make that a little less biased.  The majority of 5th gen games, on any system, age like pixelated blocky chunky horrible 3-D turds, including GoldenEye 007.  It's one of my favorite games, but it's aged horribly and is now one of the ugliest games.  Almost all early 3-D games are disgusting and revolting.  I'd take any 2-D game over 5th gen 3-D games.

Doom still looks good though, 'cuz it was that nice 2.5-D with 2-D sprites in the 3-D environment.

Still harsh. Still not disagreeing.

BladeOfGod said:
BladeOfGod said:

no, no you got it all wrong. PS1 games have 3D beatuy games like Crash 2, Spyro The Dragon, CTR and Tekken 3, while NES and SNES games are all outdated, unplayable, ugly, chunky, 8-bit crap

Outdated?  I think somebody's just cranky because all their favorite games ever made are about to be outsold by a 2-D sidescrolling Mario platformer that could have been done on the SNES.

And if you're insulting Donkey Kong Country, A Link to the Past, Mega Man 2, Yoshi's Island, Sonic 2, and Chrono Trigger all at once, you're not going to be making very many friends around here.