By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Big Forza Fan -- Underwhelmed by the Forza 3 demo. :(

Seriously there should not be a need to defend this game, it should speak for itself.

GT prologue had ludicrous bugs in its online game but overall people where amazed with the graphics and physics. GT 5 had a good feel launch vibe unlike forza which is more of a premature ejaculation

When GT5 came out everyone was genuinely excited and amazed when they saw the game. Forza at the moment is very meh? no one is hyping the graphics that much instead all im hearing is community this community that, the track detail is so pretty, painting cars, put ferrari engine in a mini wtf ......THIS IS A RACING GAME....OMS!

And for those people saying its just a demo read this!

The Demo has changed.......................in the old days demo's where full of glitches and stuff, a few games suffered heavily because of demos................. these days companies released demos close to actual gameplay of the retail version used more as a marketing tool. For Forza 3 to be a Defining Racing , the demo was released to show off forza, don't be naive even if we ignore the glitches forza barely stands out from the competition. Dirt 2 and Need for sped shift are nipping at its heels

KIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOB!

Around the Network
hanafuda said:
Opinions? Is it a sim or an arcade racer mate?

Is this a serious question? The Forza series will always be a SIMULATOR. That is what it is. Yes they have made the game more accessible, but that does not in ANY way mean they have dumbed it down for their hardcore market. Remember every person that played the previous 2 are ALL Sim lovers. You think Turn 10 would cut 4 million people straight out of the game, by not making it even better simulator?

This is what the most respected sim reviewers said of their play at E3 of Forza 3. This statement from them does not come easy. Look at the grins on their faces. Yes it's a sim of the highest level to answer your question. We also now have 3 articles saying from the playthroughs at E3 and TGS09 that Forza 3 is the best sim yet. Really the question you ask is profound. Does Simbin make arcade racers. NO. Turn 10 don't either.

Go to exactly 8 mins 22 secs for forza 3 impressions from the guys.

They grining from the force feddback in the seats you idiot, if they were playing dirt 2 they would be laughing with joy!

i just dont like you selnor, you are a typical mclaren supporter, cheating bugger, cheap till the end

StrifeHawkins said:
They grining from the force feddback in the seats you idiot, if they were playing dirt 2 they would be laughing with joy!

Do you like to come across as silly? Did you here anything they were saying?

I'll write it for you.

" That was amazing, we have talked about the difference between console sims and PC sims but that was, wow. I mean you just cant believe it's a console.

What about the physics?

We did a piece on GT5P vs Forza 2 ( which FM2 won on physics ), and this was a big improvement. I hate to say it GT fanboys out there but they have a real run for their money. 

Sean: " That was amazing, I knew getting in the car it was Forza 3, but once I was racing I thought it was a PC sim. I was blown away, I would never have guessed it was Forza.

These comments are for the game bro. They gave Forza 3 best sim of the show. Beating SIMBINS new game that was there called RACE ON, which is the latest PC sim. Now think about that. SIMBIN have one the last 9 years best simulator racing game of the year each time.

Around the Network
StrifeHawkins said:
i just dont like you selnor, you are a typical mclaren supporter, cheating bugger, cheap till the end

Firstly not only will I report you for this. But you really dont know anything about me.

StrifeHawkins said:

How nice of you.

StrifeHawkins said:
It was at a rage expo in South Africa, i raced in the porche first and won, i then asked the pr rep why the game is so slow and why its so hard to actually go off road and why the porche was underpowered. I raced on a different seat and apparently the steering and traction assists where off, it felt a bit better but the game felt slow and boring and too easy. I know that can happen in any racing game. But Forza is the best game ever amirite???

I call BS on the above statement of the porsche being underpowered and hard to go off the road. Or you even WINNING your race.

Either you are playing on EASY or with all assists ON or BOTH.

Try playing with the porsche with ALL ASSISTS OFF and on hard and try coming in 1st. It takes A LOT of skill and anyone that played the demo would know this.

Why don't you tell me your leaderboard position so I can look in up? I would LOVE to see your laptime using the porsche. I bet you don't even have a time that is in the Top 1%.

I have a top 1% time and I STILL have not won on hard with all assists off.

BTW, I have ALL GT games and Forza 3 is looking to eclispe them all. It puzzles me when gamers talk about  GT being perfection, blah blah. I don't call ANY racing game (that claims to be a simulator)  that allows you to use other cars as a prevention method for going off the track around corners.

Also, Dirt 2 is OK. The menus are awesome, some of the best I've seen in any game, and the graphics look great, BUT the 30 fps really kills it. Its not even enjoyable playing a racing game at 30 fps anymore for me.

RAGE EXPO!!!!!! what is a EXPO? please answer me before you bs anything
how can i go online if i played at a expo?

I never said i was best in the world u furry, i said it was slow and toooooo easy with or without the assists, it felt like the car was glued to the track and was slimming around the track like a really quick snail

Im still gonna buy the game you fanboy just when the price goes down, forza 2 prices dropped like a rock, but i almost fell asleep playing the demo and thats the truth!

Please race Dirt 2 online in Rally mode not the other bs modes, when you're in the zone no racing game comes close, its that intense

And dont get cocky im a real car/game enthusiast and TOCA RACE DRIVER series is way better than forza, it just has crummy cars.
In fact

Ferrari challenge
Toca
Race Pro
are all better than forza 3 IMO

And you claim to be top 1% im sure i could take you if i had the time. Been to many tournaments in south africa im good at most games, tekken wipeout, gt, halo, especially killzone.
Im not in the top 1% of anything but i can take on all comers, i can take out pros in street fighter iv or consistantly come in the top 3 in all online games.

i can out play the best online killzone 2 players online...to me your rank is pointless and meaningless its only the moment that matters.

you can be the top 1% in the world and i just have to beat you once in a tournament and you'r yesterdays news. Dont boast about being good at games, theres always someone better, a rank Z can still beat a rank A so to me 1% means you play alot more online than i do, not that your better

I dont have the money or time to play online more than 4 hours a week so