By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Big Forza Fan -- Underwhelmed by the Forza 3 demo. :(

hanafuda said:
@ slowmo

That's not what selnor said.

Whats that got to do with me?

@Solid_Raiden - I had serious problems with Killzone 2's demo with control lag.  Perhaps I should have let such a fundamental flaw stop me buying the game, but it didn't as I figured the huge number of positive reviews meant there couldn't possibly be an issue like I had in the full build.  I don't understand why somebody looking for a simulation racer would judge a game from such a tiny demo with a fraction of the content and features in the full game.  People who aren't fans of the genre then sure they may see enough in the demo that deters them but thats understandable as it's not a genre that suits all.  My opinion is just that it's obviously not a fact, I'm neither right or wrong saying I disagree with the OP's judgment.  My posts in here are stating why I have a different view not telling others they cannot have theirs if they choose to.

Around the Network

I played the demo for a couple hours this weekend, and found it underwhelming in many parts. The graphics were nothing special, and look very dated in cock pit view compared to GT5p or NFS:Shift. The track looked very nice and cars looked fine going around at high speeds.

I was expecting car crashes to be very well done, but they were very bad and damage was limited to paint scratches on the visual level. Inside car damage was nice though from a couple of the major crashes i tested.

Enemy AI was very limited, cars would apply the brake for no reason off the line or going around softbends or apply the brakes too soon on all corners. The enemy cars were very aggressive and would cause accidents and smash your car all the time. They also liked to cut you off and drive you off the road, which seemed pretty clear they had a very limited idea of where you were located.

I tested all cars on all difficulty levels, with all assists off. Winning the races was very easy when the enemy cars decided not to do stupid shit either. All corners could be taken by simply taking the insides and bumping the rest of the cars out of the way aswell. Which is very funny considering what people say about the GT franchise.

I find the demo really impressive, especially the review race setup. I like doing big crashes and watch them over and over again looking at the damage I done to other drivers. The cars feel great on the road but they also feel like they are maybe of bricks when you crash

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I played F2 then played F3 and it feels like a leap forward by a large margin... this is a new engine though and I expect better things for the next game

@ slowmo

It means that one of you is wrong.

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network
hanafuda said:
@ slowmo

It means that one of you is wrong.

I think you need to learn the difference between facts and opinion mate, your logic is absolutely terrible and your debating prowess poor to say the least.  How about listing what issues you have with each of our opinions instead of spamming one sentence worthless posts.

Opinions? Is it a sim or an arcade racer mate?

PSN - hanafuda

Forza 3 demo is boring as hell ! You should not have to tinker with a game sooo much to actually have fun, but the default setting is disgustingly boring. Im not impressed at all, and i decided to buy ferrari challenge and dirt 2 for my racing fix instead.

Even though Forza 3 has better graphics and slighty better damage, i still prefer ferrari challenge
for its physics car sounds and more accurate if not pretty tracks.

KIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOB!

Out of curiosity, what tinkering did you do?

one more thing i can tell you right now. Even though Forza Fans are very vocal about forza being much better, i doubt forza 3 will challenge gt5 sales wise and even feature wise. if you look at the pre-orders they are well below gt 5 prologue. And Forza 3 marketing is all wrong, it will attract american's but not so much european's.

Theres's always competition between game makers eg in europe there is a huge pro evolution soccer vs fifa competitive war going on. konami and EA do talk up their games, but they are still respectful. Unlike turn 10, Most companies are pretty accurate with their features and explain why their better than there competitors, they're arguments are to the point and have some intelligence to it.

eg. The Game Ferrari Challenge states this, 'leaves the competition standing' more realistic than grid and more complete package than Gran turismo 5:Prologue'

Gamers can see the games strong points and the game is talking itself up without being disrespectful to other game franchises. its called friendly competition.

Europeans like companies that have consistency and integrity, Gran turismo , in many peoples eyes stands for excellence, striving for the ultimate driving experience, challenges real life, the drive of your life.

GT has always made excellent games, the level of love and quality and real passion for racing games have always been consistent, they have never bashed their competition. Need for Speed Underground was a huuuuge hit, i think it even outsold gt4 but gt4 never bashed the competition claiming their more realistic or anything.

Forza 3 marketing push is a failure, more people know about how cocky they are, then about their actual game. if you want to beat gt 5 you dont compete with gt 5 you compete with REAL LIFE!

GT invokes emotions of waiting endlessly and finally getting gt then getting lost in the gt experience. GT 1,2,3,4 and even prologue. Forza to me is enjoyable, and more fun for a short period of time its easier to race and the game is more of a game, arcadey type.

Alot of people bought forza as a bundle, forza is not an impulse buy. I think sales will reflect this but it will sell well maybe 2-5 million depending on the opening week

KIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOB!