By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Big Forza Fan -- Underwhelmed by the Forza 3 demo. :(

Username2324 said:
kn said:

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but F3 feels more like an expansion pack with some graphics tweaks rather than a new game.

That's exactly what it is.

Do you even own a 360? Why do you come into a thread about a 360 exclusive game and search for a single line that suits your fanboy needs so you can utter a single trollish line and then leave. Everything about you screams insecure.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

It should still be good but I agree the demo was mediocre.

Mendicate Bias said:
I'm absolutely loving this game and it's my first true racing sim. I have almost all the assists turned off at this point. So in terms of gameplay I am extremely satisfied by what I am experiencing.

Damage on the other hand has been disappointing. Maybe it's cause we've gotten used to games like Burnout and Grid but I expected more than just scratches on the paint when I slam into a wall. The mechanical damage is there but the visual damage is almost non existent. Maybe racing fans only care about mechanical damage but for me I would have liked to see actual deformations to the car. For what it's worth I think that GT5 is going to disappoint when it comes to damage as well, based off the videos I've seen.

On a side note anyone know where I could buy a cheap racing wheel? I feel like playing with a controller really takes away from the experience of the game.

yeah I was honestly expecting F3 damage to be much much better than it actually was.  Its a great game, and fun as hell.  Just the lack of even decent damage is very disappointing.

And lol at the insecure little children in this thread.

Personally I agree with the majority. It was the seingle most impressive driving experience ( better than GTR 2 and Grand Prix 4 on my pc ). In the demo you couldn't enter the camera mode to take shots of the interior or the underneath of the car during a rollover. This obviously means it wasn't ready in this E3 build demo.

Also there seems to be a layer of sheen missing from cockpit mode in the demo that is obviously there now in the later footage we have seen. Compare the demo cockpit to say Fujima Kaido footage recently.

Even with that not in the demo, it's clearly impressive. What the best bit for me was, how the cars felt on the road. Incredible. They handle so perfectly. Aerodynamics really affect the handling, as does the stress on the tyres. Also I noticed the feeling from front wheel drive to rear or 4 wheel drive has a really distinct difference in Forza 3 that anh other driving sim captures the way it has. Maybe due the extensive Mclaren simulator data running in the background. Who knows, but thats the closest Ive felt to driving in a game.

I just preordered my Limited Edition copy with the new Fanatec wheel. Cant wait.

I thought it was good, but not nearly as impressive as the hype set up for it.

I thought it looked better than FM2, but I honestly couldn't tell a difference other than graphics. But I'll say I'm not car expert.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Forza 3 is just Forza 2 with better graphcis and free DLC

Modernwarfare 2 is just CoD 4 with better graphcis and new levels and weapons and characters.

Uncharted 2 is just Uncharted with new weapons and levels,same character.

See how stupid this is?

But i think NFS is a better cokpit imo.

Solid_Raiden said:
slowmo said:
kn said:

To others in here asking why people are questioning somebodies opinion I'll state the bleeding obvious once more.  This demo is absolutely not representative of the final product, if you're disappointed then fine but stop trying to read too much from a tiny gameplay portion. 

This doesn't really affect me any but just to let you know, the community manager himself said that this demo is a representation of exactly what your going to get come the end of the month. The game's not going to play any differently, which I mean come on, that's why you play games. Sure your going to get more content but playing the demo you know exactly how the final product is going to play and you can very well make an opinion from that. What do you think a demo is for? It's trying to intice people to buy the product. No one here is trying to write an official review of the final game for ign from a demo. I've only seen people say that the demo wasn't very good in there opinion and because of that he's come to the conclusion of not getting the game until a price drop. 

Just to let you know, the racing is complete different when you have online racing with full tuning abilities and drift rounds for example.  This demo played like a arcade racer, one track, five cars and only 2 laps is there really any wonder people felt underwhelmed.  If you honestly think thats representative then fair enough, personally I live in the real world and realise it was just a early build demo.

slowmo said:
Solid_Raiden said:
slowmo said:
kn said:

To others in here asking why people are questioning somebodies opinion I'll state the bleeding obvious once more.  This demo is absolutely not representative of the final product, if you're disappointed then fine but stop trying to read too much from a tiny gameplay portion. 

This doesn't really affect me any but just to let you know, the community manager himself said that this demo is a representation of exactly what your going to get come the end of the month. The game's not going to play any differently, which I mean come on, that's why you play games. Sure your going to get more content but playing the demo you know exactly how the final product is going to play and you can very well make an opinion from that. What do you think a demo is for? It's trying to intice people to buy the product. No one here is trying to write an official review of the final game for ign from a demo. I've only seen people say that the demo wasn't very good in there opinion and because of that he's come to the conclusion of not getting the game until a price drop. 

Just to let you know, the racing is complete different when you have online racing with full tuning abilities and drift rounds for example.  This demo played like a arcade racer, one track, five cars and only 2 laps is there really any wonder people felt underwhelmed.  If you honestly think thats representative then fair enough, personally I live in the real world and realise it was just a early build demo.

Look, I was personally impressed with the demo except for the damage. But I can understand where people are coming from. But I was just going by what the community manager had posted. Obviously people can't judge any game completely by just a demo. But a demo can show someone enough to know if they like or dislike the game. I'm no racing fan, and I don't really play them. But i'm sure that all of the tuning and stuff will be neat and add another layer to the game, but it's still not going to change the foundation of the game which is what was shown by the demo. That's the only thing any demo can hope to show, and most do just that. If someone was disapointed by the foundations of the game, I think more then not they aren't going to like the final product. If I don't like a hamburger, I really doubt adding cheese and calling it a cheeseburger is going to change my opinion. And that is the real world sir. Personally, I say let everyone have their opinion and go on. It's not hurting you.

PS3 Trophies

Still it will be the best racer this year. It will be great can't judge it by its demo.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

@ slowmo

That's not what selnor said.

PSN - hanafuda