By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Risen PC/Xbox 360 Screenshot Comparison... Ewwww

I guess we know why it got delayed

Around the Network
Cueil said:
I guess we know why it got delayed

They released the EU version so it's not as if the 360 version isn't ready. I doubt they are going to release a US version in a couple of months that suddenly looks as good (or close to it) as the PC version. The delay is just that, a delay like the EU normally gets for US games it just went the other way around for a change.

Risen?

...never heard of it.

Another rush job

Slimebeast said:
Lots of bad news for the X360 lately.

Getting destroyed by Slim in sales.
Halo 3 ODST getting below 90% Meta.
Forza 3 screenshots comparison looking like Forza 2.
And now Risen being just another Two Worlds. :/

two worlds is way better looking than the OP posted. but yeah still :(

Around the Network

http://pc.ign.com/articles/103/1031079p1.html

It's amazing how many people on this site are graphics whores. Oh look, it's a positive impression from IGN, from someone who, you know, is actually playing the game right now. *rolls eyes*

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/103/1031079p1.html

It's amazing how many people on this site are graphics whores. Oh look, it's a positive impression from IGN, from someone who, you know, is actually playing the game right now. *rolls eyes*

Not to sound like an asshole, but clamoring about "graphic whores" and pointing to a preview of the PC version is sort of off-topic in a thread about graphics and a comparison between the two versions that is nowhere to be found on IGN. That's why most of the posters, me included, stuck with talking of the graphics.

If you want details about other aspects of the game, there's quite a number of reviews out there. Most of them are of the PC version, mind you, but I see that Metacritic lists 8 of them for the 360.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Isn't risen supposed to push graphical boundaries? Then what the fuck?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I played through the PC demo and I highly recommend it. Exploration and interaction with people is fun, and I've only scratched the surface. To people saying it looks like crap, please see this screencap I took. Keep in mind I have an 8800GS 384mb (o/c'd) video card, which is way below the performance of modern cards. The fact that I could run every setting maxed at 1680x1050 speaks to the optimization of this game. It runs amazingly and looks great in motion.

Some of you sound like the butthurt ps3 fans who lambasted Valve for the shitty port of orange box. I can't speak to the x360 version, but I'm guessing it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I'd still get the PC version though as it's clearly the definitive version here, which i'll pick up when I have time to play though a ~60 hour RPG.

Right click, view image.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Whats wrong? doesn't look out of the ordinary for most 360 games. Its not a big budget game remember. And theres no way in hell any console can touch a pc game.