By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Risen PC/Xbox 360 Screenshot Comparison... Ewwww

V-r0cK said:
If PC and 360 are more similar and easier to port i wouldnt want to see if they ever tried porting this to PS3. (i know its a MS game so of course its exclusive)

It's not an MS game, this game joins the ranks of games such as Tropico 3, Overlord and Two Worlds. Games that are from small developers who can't get the resources to make it for all platforms and therefore pick the easiest to develop on. Two Worlds's sequel is comming to PS3 and Overlord 1/2 are on PS3 aswell. This and Tropico will most liekly make it their aswell, atleast if the 360 version sells. Seeing these screenshots that might not be that easy, but I'll be getting my copy today or tomorrow for 360 since graphics arent that important to me and PC gaming is something I don't like for anything except RTS games.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
Asmo said:
damndl0ser said:
Wow, the ones nightsurge posted look a lot better.

Of course, those are bullshots.

And you know this, how?  These are the only shots I've seen from the 360 game that have looked so bad.....  Maybe this is why it was delayed for the Americas, to finish up the polish.

I hope so. I really want this game to be good.

I can't see the screenshot either...

Then just go through the link...

stonj said:
Wow thats developer laziness right there

The 360 port is being handled by another development studio. They obviously aren't that good as the 360 can handle graphics way better then what is even shown in the PC version.

The PC version is pretty butt ugly aswell.

Around the Network
kiefer23 said:
stonj said:
Wow thats developer laziness right there

The 360 port is being handled by another development studio. They obviously aren't that good as the 360 can handle graphics way better then what is even shown in the PC version.

The PC version is pretty butt ugly aswell.

Uhhh...what?

Edit: Forgive me. It's late...I read it as "Pretty 'but' ugly as well.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

yup, I've seen it... & ewwww!!

nightsurge said:
Asmo said:
damndl0ser said:
Wow, the ones nightsurge posted look a lot better.

Of course, those are bullshots.

And you know this, how?  These are the only shots I've seen from the 360 game that have looked so bad.....  Maybe this is why it was delayed for the Americas, to finish up the polish.

Those you posted are "official" stock screenshots, they have been around for months now. They are clearly processed for AA - and judging by the real direct shots the stock ones exhibit much more geometry and better textures than in-game.

The one with the boar by the river is even included in the Eurogamer review, with a different watermark, with the caption "The game never looks this good in reality".

The same review states: "With so many quirks and flaws in the RPG basics, it doesn't help that the game looks absolutely terrible". I'll take the direct shots and the voice of an impartial reviewer over PR screenshots every day. As low quality as the direct shots are, you can clearly see the amount of missing objects and the lower texture details (just look at the fields in the 6th one)

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Meh, doesn't really affect me at all. I've never really cared about graphics that much tbh.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

The graphics of the PC-Version look fine to me, can't wait to play it. And as someone said before, the port was made by another studio, not by Piranha Bytes!