By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Analysts' Sales Expectations for Holidays

I could see Wii Fit easily selling over 2 million in december, as its Preorders seem to be quite large and there seems to be a big positive buzz for the game

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

What's the point in playing GH on a pad? Yes, I know some people play DDR on a keyboard, but for me that would take away the fun part.

StarcraftManiac said:
How on earth do they think FFIV is gonna sell a mil?!... It's another freakin remake...

Japanese love their Final Fantasy..

Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)

Media CreateFamitsu Dengeki 
W/E Nov.1883,000 105,000 109,000 
W/E Nov.25  29,000  
W/E Dec.02  13,000  
W/E Dec.09  14,000  
W/E Dec.16    
W/E Dec.23    
W/E Dec.30    
W/E Jan.06  21,000  
Total  234,000  

- Dengeki reports a 70% sell-through for Week 1.

So this site uses the Dengeki numbers, or is it just coincidence?

Is it also coincidence that this site lists the highest sales figures for RE UC listed in the three sources above? I mean, there is a pretty significant difference between 83,000 and 109,000...

So Media Create's figures are well off? Really?? 26,000 units off???

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

Well ,looking at the initial expectations and how the titles have performed its clear to say the Wii games are bombing big time .PS3 only game analized ,DW ,is actually doing better than expected .

What is often forgotten about WiiSports is that people purchased it with the system. SO for WiiFit to sell 2 million they would have to move 4 million units. So maybe in a year we will see that many sold, but certainly not here.

And as far as the person from Japan.... I know plenty of people in the US to claim the same "collecting dust" theory about the Wii. I wont believe it until Jauary.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

hum.. right now they seem to have made some really poor predictions , but well most of those titles were released pretty recently and may have some good legs

I'm shocked that they expect Lost Odyssey to be potentially as big as Dynasty Warriors.

As for Wii Fit, well, I don't put much stock in analysts, but I'd say Japanese analysts are probably a lot better at guessing the Japanese market than we are. Those predictions are right in line with my expectations for the game. It'll be huge but not J.L. huge (and least not week 1).

And yes John, I'll have that crow all cooked and ready to go for one of us to chow down on. :)

Wow , at this point , those predictions are waaaay of ... I do hope that Mina No Golf Portable 2 will reach that number :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!