By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Me ♥ Dead Space Extraction

i blame lame box art design for poor sales

Around the Network

Sales were not outstanding for the original Dead Space. Didn't break a million on any console worldwide, but I feel if this game does over 400,000 sales it will have been a success. There is a lot of ads online for the title, but what they need is more ads on TV, and more ads in retailers. Weekly ads for Target, Walmart, and Gamestop among others didn't even have the game in the ad. Not only that, but every Target in my area still has 0 copies for sale. Not even a price tag for it yet on shelves. Bad sign.

The game is great though and hopefully the holiday sales will help it.

RE i'll get for sure... this one is the "do I need an other rail shooter?" one.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I love this game so far and I am a huge fan of light gun games.
The story, voice acting, and atmosphere are probably the best I have seen in a light gun game. Nice and challenging and I love the fact there is 4 difficulties with Impossible being the hardest!

However I have lost almost all faith with wii owners so I also think this game will sell poorly. My guess is 300k lifetime max, more likely around 250k. I really really hope I am wrong but I've learned to just accept it.....

Just like Muramasa, which is easily my Wii game of the year and quickly rising my list of all time favorites. That game is also going to sell poorly which is just plain depressing :(
At least I was able to enjoy the experience :)

Current Favorites:
Wii - Muramasa, MH3, Metroid Trilogy, RS2, Okami, RE4, COD, Dead Space, Scarface
PC - L4D, TF2, BFBC2, Killing Floor, Aquaria, Warsow, many UDK indie games
Mods - MechWarrior:Living Legends, Star Wars: Galatic Warfare, PVKII, Goldeneye Source, L4D mods
PS3 - Demon Souls, Way of the Samurai 3
Social Modding Club: ModDb | Steam

This over RE so far. This is much better than the decent Umbrella Chronicles!

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
Garnett said:

The HD version was boring, walking around a empty space ship zapping bugs.

Isn't that redundant?

I'm at chapter 6 and so far it's a really good game. I absolutely adored the original dead space and I've been cautiously optimistic about this game. So far I'm really enjoying it. Lacks a bit of polish, but it's heart is in the right place. I think if they had a couple more months of testing it would've been better.

Some issues I've noticed thus far

1. getting hit by things not on screen...which is just lame. During some zero G parts I'll get hit by debris that's floating around that's not even directly in my field of vision. Sometimes the monsters do the same thing. Everyonce and a while my camera pans to the side (not under my control) and it will turn away from a mutant that was about to attack me, and he will still attack me, and get a couple of hits in before it pans back for me to kill him or he just "disappears". At one point I was fighting some mutants and then all of the sudden I turned to have a conversation with my allies, and a monster was still alive and hacking me up and I couldn't do anything about it. I actually just restarted the level since it was at the beginning of the stage.

2. Weapon balancing. The flame thrower is just the "win game now" gun. You get an assload of ammo for it at every turn, it burns through ammo pretty slow, it has like maximum stopping power since enemies just kind of fumble around while they are on fire, and oddly enough it seems to make you invincible if the enemy is on fire. I've had the crawling mutants run up to me and start attacking me with their tail, but it didn't hurt me at all because I was either shooting them with the flame thrower or they were on fire. Either way, if you have the flame thrower you just have to slowly sweep back and forth on the screen and you will never get hurt. I traded it out now because it was so cheap it was ruining the game for me. I hear that even on "impossible" difficulty the result is the same. The gun is just completely broken. On the other hand, why would anyone use the pistol? It feels useless compared to just about every other gun, including your infinite ammo nail gun that is supposed to be a last resort.

Over all though, it's a very enjoyable little romp through the dead space world. It's a nice compliment to the original, and it's really wet my appetite for Dead Space 2.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Well now I've beat it (in one sitting no less). Good game, not a replacement for the original but a really strong light gun shooter. The ending felt very anti-climactic I think. The one scene where (spoilers) You CUT YOUR FUCKING ARM OFF was really awesome and just "WHAT THE FUCK" but the power of this scene I think was completely ruined when dude shows up on the ship and everyone's like "what the fuck dude, your arm is gone" and he's just like "oh, no biggie. But let me tell you, I'm going to retire after this one, hahaha" and everyone has a good chuckle about it.

It's like he doesn't even fucking notice that his arm is gone. I mean most people would pass out from that kind of pain, and he's not breathing heavy, he's not distressed in the slightest, he's cracking jokes!

But other than that it was a really good, engaging story in the Dead Space universe. Still really has me wanting to play Deadspace 2.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Damn you people, making me buy another game when I have no time to play.

That does help quite a bit. Is the ripper especially useful, or will we not be using it anyways?