By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where will Kingdom Hearts 3 eventually land?

Depends on how FF:CC does for the Wii. Considering that FFCC is a action/adventure/rpg which is also similar to KH series. PS360 seems to be getting more action or more the classic rpg types, from impression only. Though I agree with a few statements already going around. KH creator is a PS fanatic and I doubt we will see it this generation, and Disney itself is asserting far more control over it's IP.

Honestly we may not see a KH3 if SE doesn't get cracking soon. More than likely Epic Micky if it does well will hamper future contracts SE.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

I have a feeling it will end up on the Wii.
I would hate to see it on the Wii.
I would like to see it on the PS3.
I have a feeling it won't end up on the PS3.

.jayderyu said:
Depends on how FF:CC does for the Wii. Considering that FFCC is a action/adventure/rpg which is also similar to KH series. PS360 seems to be getting more action or more the classic rpg types, from impression only. Though I agree with a few statements already going around. KH creator is a PS fanatic and I doubt we will see it this generation, and Disney itself is asserting far more control over it's IP.

Honestly we may not see a KH3 if SE doesn't get cracking soon. More than likely Epic Micky if it does well will hamper future contracts SE.

then we have Versus which is a ps3 exclusive made totally by the kh team including composer yoko shimomura. and directed by nomura.

and its an action RPG like KH, and they have the engine done (that took a while) considering the game was announce 3-4 years ago.

I think it will be on PS3

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Also isn't the team who is developing Final Fantasy Versus the team behind Kingdom Hearts as well?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

This topic needs to die seriously. Its like 3 years old.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

IMO, KH3 will be PS3 exclusive. I believe in Tetsuya Nomura. He's never disappointed me in any aspect.

KH3 Wii exclusive would be a HUGE disappointment. I'd hate to see it but I want to believe that it won't happen.

I can just imagine KH3 running on the Versus XIII engine.

I also believe it'll be announced at next years TGS. E3 wouldn't be suitable since Nomura would still be heavily focused on Versus XIII and at TGS next year, they'll heavily push for Versus XIII and hopefully release a teaser of KH3, announced for PS3 exclusive.

If it happens during this generation at all -and I am starting to doubt that it will- then it will be on the Wii. Disney wants this, and what Disney wants, Disney gets.

But I'm starting to think that none of the current generation of consoles will get KH3 at all: it will instead go to the successors of this gen.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Snake612 said:
This topic needs to die seriously. Its like 3 years old.

Like RealTalk did......

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

It wasn't at all about motion controls, it was about the fact that the audience most receptive to Disney properties is on Wii. If Disney had any say on it, they would want it to go there, i think. It would be a power struggle between Nomura's preferences and Disney's input.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.