By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is HYPED for Dragon Age ORIGINS? - Game looks AMAZING!

Carl2291 said:
It's the spiritual successor to the highest rated RPG of all time.

Of course it will be brilliant!

That's how they sell it, but all I ever see in trailers are a couple dialogue options and neverending cutscenes desperately trying to evoke The Lord of the Rings, except without any emotional engagement.

I'd like to be hyped for Dragon Age, but every time I look into the game, what I see turns me off. Right now I'm just holding out hope that there's actually some game under the wannabe cinematics. Mass Effect turned out pretty good, so maybe I'm being cynical for no reason...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

larger universe than even mass effect!
--
I'm a sucker for large maps -.- looks like i'll definitely be checking this game out.

nah...not a big fan of wrpg

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

@ famous

Haven't you seen gameplay yet?

Orca_Azure said:
larger universe than even mass effect!
--
I'm a sucker for large maps -.- looks like i'll definitely be checking this game out.

Mass Effect was not that big :s...

Compared to games as Oblivion and Fallout 3

Around the Network

of course it's going to be larger than Mass Effect.. ME was tiny as hell for a WRPG.

Very excited here. I'll go on record as stating that I am MORE excited for this than for FF13. I am also more excited for Versus than for 13.  Also, me likey WRPG's.

I am. It's in my 2009 Hype Meter ;)

Carl2291 said:
@ famous

Haven't you seen gameplay yet?

Not really. Last time I clicked on a youtube vid with 'gameplay' in the title, I saw two dialogue options, three seconds of running, and the rest was that dull cutscene I keep whining about. If you've got a link to some good gameplay footage, I'd be obliged.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

shio said:
of course it's going to be larger than Mass Effect.. ME was tiny as hell for a WRPG.

shio!!!

Bet you can't wait for the game, i know you love Baldur's/Planescape.