By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Two new mods / news writers

FishyJoe said:
I think we need more overseas mods so that there will always be a mod online.

Im from New Zealand if that helps?

With the mods being pro and anti certain consoles, why not make them moderate only a specific section of the forum ?

Set up a hierarchy where the more bias you are the less powers you have and only get assigned to certain sections of the site.

No, because thats stupid. There has never been any evidence ever of a mod using his powers in a biased fashion. 

Around the Network

onna was banned?....i always assumed she just felt like a name change from WiiGirl to Onna...but was WiiGirl banned?

sinha said:
kn said:
Another vote for W29. As a fellow 360'r myself, I've found him to be pretty unbiased in all the forums even when he is showing his love for the 360. I'd enjoy being a 360 mod and I'd throw my hat in the ring, but I don't have time to focus on writing stories too terribly often and I'd like to see it go to someone like W29...

Are you serious? The guy has like a 300 word vocabulary and can't spell. Plus he's been banned in the past (as have many others that are being nominated here for some bizarre reason, like soriku and onna76). Obviously people who have been banned before for bad behavior should not be potential candidates.

Onna76 wanted to get rid of her old username so she asked to be banned, not that she was a detractor. Just FYI.

Oh, and I have no problem with her; despite the occasional rant, hers are not mean-spirited at all.

In fact, come to think of it, do we even have female mods?

Edit: W29 is Tetsuya/Takashii? And some of you are entertaining the thought of having him as a mod.

/opinion

your mother said:

Onna76 wanted to get rid of her old username so she asked to be banned, not that she was a detractor. Just FYI.

Oh, and I have no problem with her; despite the occasional rant, hers are not mean-spirited at all.

In fact, come to think of it, do we even have female mods?

I didn't know that, I just saw that the other username had been banned. Oops, sorry for the misinformation everyone.

Well, my point still applies in general.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

If you would have read the profile of my former account, you could have read about 3 or 4 times why that account was banned, before judging ;)

People are right, I was banned on request because my username couldn't be changed so Benkenobi88 adviced me to open a new account with the username I wanted to use and to ban the other one. All my friends on my list back then were informed and are all in my Onna76 account now.

"....despite the occasional rant...." come again?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

I think naznatips would make a great mod. Voted.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

your mother said:

Edit: W29 is Tetsuya/Takashii? And some of you are entertaining the thought of having him as a mod.

/opinion

Yes.  It boggles the mind.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

just checked the mod nationalities, we have 15 mods;
2 are Canadian
2 are British
1 in Australia
1 in Japan
1 in Israel
and the rest are from the USA (8)

*~Onna76~* said:
If you would have read the profile of my former account, you could have read about 3 or 4 times why that account was banned, before judging ;)

People are right, I was banned on request because my username couldn't be changed so Benkenobi88 adviced me to open a new account with the username I wanted to use and to ban the other one. All my friends on my list back then were informed and are all in my Onna76 account now.

"....despite the occasional rant...." come again?

Oh come on, don't you remember? It was only yesterday (http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=8677&start=50#end ):

"I need BC for my import PS / PS2 games and I´m not willing to pay over 700USD for an older model. They honestly don´t expect me to buy an expensive console, with expensive power consumption to use BC, or to buy a cheaper version, but being forced to buy a PS2, so just pay the same amount, but then again have butt ugly graphics on my LCD TV. Or do they expect me just to sell off my entire JP Playstation collection of more than 80 games? Fine, I'll just do that then ey! When BC disappears I don't see many reasons to buy myself a PS3 for at least another 2 years.

Sorry if my message doesn't make any sense, maybe I'll need to count until 10 first when reading these PS3 rumors, before I post..."

(that bold part was changed IIRC so it sounded less "rantish")

I dunno, sounded like a good old fashioned rant to me. Note I did not say you ranted against others in my post - just that you occasionally ranted, but never in a mean-spirited way.

If you really searching for someone posting news and analysis and not do so much modding you could count me in. I would be pleased if I can help with writing stuff. I don't think that I have a big Nintendo bias, and I'm surfing around the industry news on many sites all day anyway, searching for interesting news.