By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Another World, biggest DS game of 2010?

Onyxmeth said:
sugarEXpress said:

Never thought that there are so big DS cards. I think the biggest i ever seen is 128 Megabyte ... but almost 500 Megabyte? This is huge! Prepare for massiv FMVs from Ghibli.

Suikoden: Tierkreis and Personal Trainer: Cooking both use the 256MB card.

This is a big leap though. I hope the game is good.

LEVEL 5
Dragon Quest, Professor layton, White Knight Chronicles...

Studio Ghibli
Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke...

Epic collaboration, this can't fail.

Think for yourself, question authority

Around the Network
abroZ said:
Onyxmeth said:
sugarEXpress said:

Never thought that there are so big DS cards. I think the biggest i ever seen is 128 Megabyte ... but almost 500 Megabyte? This is huge! Prepare for massiv FMVs from Ghibli.

Suikoden: Tierkreis and Personal Trainer: Cooking both use the 256MB card.

This is a big leap though. I hope the game is good.

LEVEL 5
Dragon Quest, Professor layton, White Knight Chronicles...

Studio Ghibli
Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke...

Epic collaboration, this can't fail.

I'm not a big fan of Level 5's RPG work, so I'm hoping this is more Layton(which has a distinctive Ghibli feel anyways) and less White Knight and Dragon Quest.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

LordTheNightKnight said:
aragod said:
Why don't they just slap in some micro-sd card?

The tech likely wouldn't work that way.

Well I don't know, flash cards work that way and all the homebrew software is placed on the micro-sd, along with movies and music, so why wouldn't that work?

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Who is publishing this game? I didn't see a publisher listed.

Also, I'm glad that developers now have access to 512MB cards. It's only a matter of time now until we see some 1GB cards. The larger the cards offered to the developers the easier it'll be to differentiate a DSi ware game from a retail release. That and we'll finally start to see some larger games then what was available on the PS1. I'm guessing FF7 could probably fit on a 512MB DS cart. So maybe one day we'll get the PS1 FF's on the DS with some upgraded graphics.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

@OP

Interested, but not sure if this's a must buy for me. Like Onyxmeth I'm not so fond of Level-5 RPGs. I'd like if the game would be more of an adventure game.

@DarkNight_DS

Larger? You mean full of FMV like FF7? No, thanks, current DS games are big enough for me.

Around the Network
aragod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
aragod said:
Why don't they just slap in some micro-sd card?

The tech likely wouldn't work that way.

Well I don't know, flash cards work that way and all the homebrew software is placed on the micro-sd, along with movies and music, so why wouldn't that work?

Putting those on an R4 cart is not the same as an official DS cart.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

That reminds me of those movies spirited away and my neighbor mr t.

Very impressive. It is indeed a mighty collaboration. The graphics look stunning for the DS, the animé is the typical Ghibli magic and the gameplay will hopefully be a mix between Dragon Quest and Professor Layton.

This is so going into my wishlist. :)

I don't know about biggest DS game yet. Golden Sun DS and Dragon Quest IX in US (hopefully) will be right up there with it, but it is going to be great.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Yes! it will be a big big big game. Hoping it to surpassed DQ in Japan.
Level-5 and studio Ghibli = Epic Big.

I think it's big because of the level of cutscenes in that game. I think will see a lot of animated cutscenes from the game judging from the trailers I have seen.