By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are Sony And Rockstar Negotiating More Exclusivity?

Carl2291 said:
Maybe they care for quality.

Maybe they can get a better quality product out of the PS3, than if the game was multiplat?

it must be a lot more quality they are getting to throw away those 7-8 million sales

Around the Network

Everyone is missing the point. There is only the need to develop for one console which is far cheaper to do than for both. It might even be a fantastic business decision for both Sony and R*. Sony extends a user base to surpass xbox and R* sells tons of their upcoming game/s.

Sidenote: Fiduciary is a big word O.o

deathgod33 said:
Carl2291 said:

Maybe they can get a better quality product out of the PS3, than if the game was multiplat?

it must be a lot more quality they are getting to throw away those 7-8 million sales

Assuming the game is GTA... They wont be throwing away 7-8 Million sales, as a small majority of them will likely own a PS3. And another large majority will buy a PS3 for the game, if they like the series that much.

In reality, they would be losing say... 2-3 Million sales. Which if Rock* want to keep a higher quality thing going... Could be worth the risk.

Of course there is still the 30+ million potential customers though...

that would inscrease the ps3 sales up like 10 million

^They cannot make a bigger GTA game this gen unless:
A] Microsoft puts a blu-ray player in the X360.
B] They develop GTA exclusively on the PS3.
I think option B is more likely, so if they plan on releasing another GTA this gen, which is also likely, then it will LIKELY be exclusively on the PS3. Likely.

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
Everyone is missing the point. There is only the need to develop for one console which is far cheaper to do than for both. It might even be a fantastic business decision for both Sony and R*. Sony extends a user base to surpass xbox and R* sells tons of their upcoming game/s.

Sidenote: Fiduciary is a big word O.o

1) Developing is cheaper for the 360

2) You make wayyyyyy more money when the game is multiplat

For the 2nd part: that made no sense, why would Rockstar care so much about Sony, or ANY company for that matter- they don't work for Sony you know.

Carl2291 said:
deathgod33 said:
Carl2291 said:

Assuming the game is GTA... They wont be throwing away 7-8 Million sales, as a small majority of them will likely own a PS3. And another large majority will buy a PS3 for the game, if they like the series that much.

In reality, they would be losing say... 2-3 Million sales. Which if Rock* want to keep a higher quality thing going... Could be worth the risk.

Hmmm, I find the assumption that keeping it only on the PS3 would = higher quality a tenuous position; however if you want to stand by that, fair enough.

I think that in todays economic environment, for a publically traded company, cutting your customer base in half, better come with some damn good justification.

The only way they could make a modern San Andreas or something is probably with Blu-Ray. Hate to admit it but the DVD probably held back IV a bit. I'd like to see it and it would give me a good reason to get a PS3.

Carl2291 said:
deathgod33 said:
Carl2291 said:

well i still disagree, both install bases are important to them- but the Xbox 360 install base is surely the most important install base they have this gen out of the 3 consoles.

TRios_Zen said:
Carl2291 said:
deathgod33 said:
Carl2291 said:

Hmmm, I find the assumption that keeping it only on the PS3 would = higher quality a tenuous position; however if you want to stand by that, fair enough.

I think that in todays economic environment, for a publically traded company, cutting your customer base in half, better come with some damn good justification.

Yeah i know what you mean, im just trying to think of a reason why they might do that.

But if they want a bigger game than GTA4, they might HAVE to leave the 360. Unless there is some way you can have a sandbox game on multiple discs.