By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are Sony And Rockstar Negotiating More Exclusivity?

Vanversive said:
I want bully 2, maybe its that?

that would be awesome.

Gintama is the funniest show EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud owner of all currnet gen consoles.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.

Around the Network

PSinsider is horrible. They said that their "reliable source" has sony going to announce:
PSP Go price cut

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Regardless it's fun to speculate. IF gta5 is ps3 exclusive, I'd say this gen is wrapped up.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

NicholasCage said:
PSinsider is horrible. They said that their "reliable source" has sony going to announce:
PSP Go price cut <---- Did not happen.
PS3 Slim & Price cut on older models to $299 <----- Kind of obvious.
New PSN <---- Didn't really happen. New XMB sure.
Firmware 3.0 <---- Only one.

Also, wasn't it announced in 2007 that Rockstar and Sony had a 3 game exclusive contract?

And you got these notes from where?

Gintama is the funniest show EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud owner of all currnet gen consoles.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.

Seece said:
Seesh, why the hell would they?

A 3rd party making an exclusive for the console with the smallest userbase is not a good business desicion the way things are atm, especially as Sony doesn't pay off devs.

^This.

Around the Network

If thats the case, then might want to save up their money and make GTA exclusive again.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Sony actually has started to pay more in marketing and so they will pay off devs too now, this is highly possible

Am I to understand from the "money isn't everything" comment, that R* plans on cutting out more than half of it's customers (7+ million that bought GTA IV on 360), with NO fiduciary incentive?

Wow, not only did I not realize that R* was a not-for-profit company, I didn't realize how altruistic they are. Truly they do not care about making any money, just doing what is best for Sony customers. Amazing!

TRios_Zen said:
Am I to understand from the "money isn't everything" comment, that R* plans on cutting out more than half of it's customers (7+ million that bought GTA IV on 360), with NO fiduciary incentive?

Wow, not only did I not realize that R* was a not-for-profit company, I didn't realize how altruistic they are. Truly they do not care about making any money, just doing what is best for Sony customers. Amazing!

That can be flip flopped with the exlusive dlc 360 gets for gta4. This is just with new ip's, not that far fetched to me.

Vanversive said:
TRios_Zen said:

That can be flip flopped with the exlusive dlc 360 gets for gta4. This is just with new ip's, not that far fetched to me.

@bolded: to each his own, if true I'd love to be a fly on that wall... 

R* Exec: "Hey, lets cut out 30 million possible customers, cause you know, Sony's been cool to us in the past." 

R* Board: "What is Sony offering us in return... nothing?  Cool let's do it!"