By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Playing my first Halo.

ghaleon1980 said:
It just drives me crazy when people say Halo is not a good game or just an "ok" game. I hold all of us to a standard of being as objective about games as possible and appreciating a truly good game when we see one.

Halo is a quality game and has had a major impact on the industry. If you can't AT THE VERY LEAST appreciate that, no matter where your loyalties lie then I really cannot have any sort of worthwhile video games' based conversation with you.

By the way, I feel the same way about MGS4, Killzone, God of War, etc. All are amazing games and even if you are a xbox fanboy you absolute have to appreciate how good they are. See what I'm saying?

Though I agree with you for the most part, I don't entirely agree with the last. I do agree about MGS4, but I certainly don't agree about Killzone or God of War. Killzone was blown out of proportion because of the graphics. It offered almost nothing new, except bragging rights. It's not a bad game, but is overrated. And God of War is no where near Ninja Gaiden in my opinion. It's a simple action game with gory moments, but imo lacks depth. But it has a name.. The story makes up for it though, but Ninja Gaiden basically has no story whatsoever. To each his own.

But in any case, people have different taste, and most people who bash games probably haven't played them. In the case of Halo, it is a good game. Campaign might be a little on the short side, but the multi-player more than makes up for it. Halo is clearly one of those games where the whole experience is important. It's one of the games that has the best balance between graphics, smoothness, responsiveness, fun and challenge. In the end, the experience as a whole is important, and most people who play Halo, and I mean through the whole game, simply like it. The sale numbers show it.

Truth does not fear investigation

Around the Network

chose campaing, and then, the chapter where you leave it and start from the last checkpint.... i think.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

NightAntilli said:
ghaleon1980 said:
It just drives me crazy when people say Halo is not a good game or just an "ok" game. I hold all of us to a standard of being as objective about games as possible and appreciating a truly good game when we see one.

Halo is a quality game and has had a major impact on the industry. If you can't AT THE VERY LEAST appreciate that, no matter where your loyalties lie then I really cannot have any sort of worthwhile video games' based conversation with you.

By the way, I feel the same way about MGS4, Killzone, God of War, etc. All are amazing games and even if you are a xbox fanboy you absolute have to appreciate how good they are. See what I'm saying?

Though I agree with you for the most part, I don't entirely agree with the last. I do agree about MGS4, but I certainly don't agree about Killzone or God of War. Killzone was blown out of proportion because of the graphics. It offered almost nothing new, except bragging rights. It's not a bad game, but is overrated. And God of War is no where near Ninja Gaiden in my opinion. It's a simple action game with gory moments, but imo lacks depth. But it has a name.. The story makes up for it though, but Ninja Gaiden basically has no story whatsoever. To each his own.

But in any case, people have different taste, and most people who bash games probably haven't played them. In the case of Halo, it is a good game. Campaign might be a little on the short side, but the multi-player more than makes up for it. Halo is clearly one of those games where the whole experience is important. It's one of the games that has the best balance between graphics, smoothness, responsiveness, fun and challenge. In the end, the experience as a whole is important, and most people who play Halo, and I mean through the whole game, simply like it. The sale numbers show it.

sales numbers do not indicate good games though, i mean, if we went by that imagine fashion designer is better than the ds castlevanias.

And I don't really agree, killzone 2's campaign was in no way shape or form any less than Halo 3's its just not as much fun. God of War however, is anything but a mindless gory game. If anything thats Ninja gaiden. Ninja gaiden games lack any sort of coherient story, while god of war has a very well told and versed story with excellent mechanics. It's hard to say which is _better_ but my hands are all over god of war on this one. Ninja gaiden 2 was horrid compared to god of war 2, and god of war 1 is probably one of the best games from last gen, maybe #2 behind shadow of the colossus.

that being said, this is about Halo. Just finished the 2nd chapter again, wish I didn't have to do them again but oh well. Also, man that 360 is loud. Sounds like a airplane.

Mr_Power said:
NightAntilli said:
ghaleon1980 said:

sales numbers do not indicate good games though, i mean, if we went by that imagine fashion designer is better than the ds castlevanias.

And I don't really agree, killzone 2's campaign was in no way shape or form any less than Halo 3's its just not as much fun. God of War however, is anything but a mindless gory game. If anything thats Ninja gaiden. Ninja gaiden games lack any sort of coherient story, while god of war has a very well told and versed story with excellent mechanics. It's hard to say which is _better_ but my hands are all over god of war on this one. Ninja gaiden 2 was horrid compared to god of war 2, and god of war 1 is probably one of the best games from last gen, maybe #2 behind shadow of the colossus.

that being said, this is about Halo. Just finished the 2nd chapter again, wish I didn't have to do them again but oh well. Also, man that 360 is loud. Sounds like a airplane.

Don't you know its because of all the hamster wheels turning inside the console?  M$ bought a gigantic shipment of them from China and none of them were oiled properly. 

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Congrats! Halo truly is a masterpiece.  I would play some customs games with you, but tbh I don't think you would find that very enjoyable.

Around the Network

You don't have to play through it again, you just have to pick the mission you were last on.

Halo gets a lot of hate for no reason, congrats on finally playing and seeing how fun and epic it really is.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

yeah, you get props from me for actually going through it.

I like it when people admit they've mis-judged something. Well done for having the conviction to play it first hand. I suppose you've already got your reward.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Good hope you enjoy.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I don't just enjoy it, I really really enjoy it. I have always been a huge fan of final fantasy, but I hate the majority of final fantasy fans too. I've had my head so far up my own ass for the last 2 generations it makes me sick. This game is phenomenal. There is no better console shooter. I'm getting ODST tomorrow.