By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Playing my first Halo.

I don't really care about the sales, but I can assure you it will be pre-ordered by me.

Around the Network

If I have the time I will do the coop with ya, just remind me.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Hey Mr Power. The Halo games are incredible games. It's funny you say about MC voice. Most people love it. It was one of the things back when Halo 1 released that people loved. Good voice acting for all the cast. Each to their. :)

Halo is an experience. I love the whole story. Thats my fave bit of Halo. ODST is very good.

I actually think the voice acting was really good _except_ for master chief. I felt it really did not fit in at all. If he was silent, I would of liked him as a character a lot more. He just didn't appear to be the voice I heard, but he's in a suit, so it doesn't matter. His dialogue was also very dull and cliche, he had absolutely no character to him whatsoever verbally. However, as a man and an icon for the game, he really shines. I love how powerful playing as the chief can make you feel, and I love the sense of strength and respect you get from others. Marcus from gears is an example of what i dislike, hes just too masculine and has zero character in every aspect. Regardless, Excellent game, deserves the reviews.

Also, been playing Nuts and Bolts. If only the engine could keep up, this game has some jaw droping texture work. It even looks better than uncharted to me.

Mr_Power said:

Complaits:

I dunno if master chief speaks in every game, but he should just shut up, its god aweful. That's the only thing.

Yeah, he does. FUnny thing though, everyone wants Samus (the female Nintendo equivalent of MC) to speak but him to shut up. Poor Double-standarded Chief... Although I just sounds too cheesy... Like the moviephone guy used to.

Around the Network

I'm not saying he's bad in any way, but I just feel his voice feels so out of place, and he doesn't need to speak. nothing he said at any time during my play made any input to the story. There is very little important dialogue and i feel the halo story is told through the actions of the players rather than the dialogue, which is why it just doesn't make sense, he doesn't have any input to anything and then just spouts some random line that feels so out of place. It's kind of an insult really, because the way you have to play and the things MC does makes me feel he is an intellectual, I'd rather he be silent but that's just me. game is still awesome.

What's your gamertag? I'd be up for some multiplayer.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

I only just got the game, but I'd love to play tuesday. (I could give you an exact time in your timezone) How many people can play together? if the experience is awesome I'm totally getting ODST.

My gamertag is AtypicalLoki, I'd love to get some halo friends, because I dont have anyone on XBL, none of my friends play xbox.

Just a warning Power, ODST takes place between Halo 2 and Halo 3 so you may be a little confused as to the story. Also in ODST you play as a special forces marine so your far weaker than a Spartan and you actually have health so the gameplay experience is quite different. I loved the game and the story but you won't get the same sense of power as you do playing as the Master Chief.

Also if you play through all three Halo's and find yourself enjoying the story I would recommend reading the book Fall of Reach and working your way through the other novels form there. Some of the best sci-fi literature I have ever read.

I can imagine you were probably a little confused as to the story jumping straight in at the third installment.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mr_Power said:
I only just got the game, but I'd love to play tuesday. (I could give you an exact time in your timezone) How many people can play together? if the experience is awesome I'm totally getting ODST.

My gamertag is AtypicalLoki, I'd love to get some halo friends, because I dont have anyone on XBL, none of my friends play xbox.

Up to 16, anywho, my guess is you would want to do some matchmaking. Tuesday would have to be in the evening.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!