By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Playing my first Halo.

Well, I gave in. I had a lust to play games like Banjo-Kazooie: N&B, Ninety Nine Nights, Lost Planet (PS3 version sucks..) So Picked up the 332$ Elite with halo 3, and I said to my self: "I hate halo, but I've never played a Halo game before."

So I poped it in, just finished the first mission, I must say I can see the love for this game. Some things that surprised me...

1) This is a nerds campaign. There is nothing about what goes on in Halo that is anything other than a Sci-fi lovers wet dream. This game is in no way a "cool game" like gears of war is.

2) Pacing... well, the pacing is absolutely stunning. The game is really fast passed and its lots of fun to play.

3) Gameplay: Simply stellar, controls and variety in weapons/movement is amazing. I've used like 6 different sets of weapons in one mission. The jumping, aiming, melee just feels so powerful, so much fun.

4) Interface: I've never seen better, it is a work of art in every way.

5) Sound: Impressive, Rivals Metal Gear for sure.

6) Graphics: I know Halo gets a lot of hate on for this, but Halo 3 looks fine. I have absolutely no complaints. It runs very smooth, has nice lighting, and the textures are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

7) Fun: Massive points here, the game is so much fun to play.

Complaits:

I dunno if master chief speaks in every game, but he should just shut up, its god aweful. That's the only thing.

Overall: Amazing game. This is what gaming is about. I don't care about who plays this game. I know most of the people who play it are the people I cannot possibly stand, but it doesn't matter. This is a great game and for now on i'm judging games on playing them and not on who buys them / what system they are on.

Proud owner, wish I got it when it came out. Off to finish the game!

Can't wait to play some multiplayer after i get the rest of my single player games out of the way.

Haters stay out, you just are not giving this game a chance. Overhyped? Absolutely! Bad? Not at all, it's fantastic.

Around the Network

the game is ok
its too over hyped

halo is awesome i hope you have fun

thats what you get for hating a game without actually trying it. :P
the games are ok to me. they arent especially great. they arent really lacking anything. it feels pretty standard to me.

On the launch of ODST as well! Maybe you should rent that

Around the Network

I've played Halo 3's campaign alot, almost as much as Halo: CE. The game is simple but pure fun.

Seece said:
On the launch of ODST as well! Maybe you should rent that

ODST is extremely attractive to me. I'll probably pick it up later.  Chapter 2 done. When i ripped the chain gun from the stand and it went third person I was like HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME.

I have to say, i bought Halo 3 on launch day and that very same night went through the campaign with 3 other buddies and it was incredible.

4 of us blasting our way through the campaign and getting really vocal and talking nonsense but having a great time in the process (Unforgettable time)

But when it comes to Halo 3 the fun doesn't end when you have completed the story with your pals......... oh hell no, i then went on to play Halo 3 online almost religiously for 3 months and had every bit if not more fun than i did during those early days when i was going through the campaign.

If you aint played it online yet then you still have tonnes of Halo goodness to look forward to.

Halo 3 is worth every penny of its asking price if not more......... and you can't say that about too many games can you.

Halo: Combat Evolved was my favorite of the series, but I still really enjoyed 3; have fun with it. The Master Chief is a bad ass...and Cortana is hot!!

OP, welcome to the club!

Halo owns.

My Gaming Setup