By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3/360 gap will be back to 5 million by the end of the year.

selnor said:
leo-j said:
@selnor

I believe the 360 may top the ps3 and wii HALO ODST week..

afterwards its anyone's game..

Until the MWF2 250gb ELITE bundle. Ofcourse I dont know what effects these bundles will have on the gaming market.. Or if the PS3 is undetracked or over tracked, NPD will be a very importing thing.

I dont think ODST will impact very much. There isnt any bundles.

But you can bet now GT5 is out of the holidays that M$ will flaunt Forza 3 and bundle over every tv station going. Halo 3 sort of advertising. I think America nd Europe more so will jump at that bundle.

I agree completely, Microsoft is great with advertising, im sure alot of people will go for the FORZA bundle, Sony messed up big time in my opinion not putting GT against forza, Microsoft has a huge audience to take for themselves.

mM
Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
Unclean said:
selnor said:
I predict the Forza 3 bundle and MW2 bundle will keep the 360 above 7 mill even turning it back to 8 mill. As of October 22nd 360 will outsell Ps3 WW. Selnors prediction.

Whatever you are smoking, can i haz some?

Hell Yeah. ;)

Seriously though. 360 is very close already to PS3 numbers in America again. Europe is a way off. But the new Forza 3 bundle will seriously move consoles.  How is yet to be seen, but I say 360 will outsell in all regions except for Japan as of October 22nd. It may even be on top in America in 2 weeks time looking at this weeks figures.

What I cant wait for is the release weeks figures of Natal+360 package. I reckon with Natal releasing holiday 2010, 360 will outsell both Wii and PS3 for the rest of the gen in all regions. Japan is all over Natal like a rash. Remeber I made that prediction a year in advance.

I understand your enthusiam for your prefered, but I think you might be setting yourself up for much mocking in the future. I'd hate to see that...

I may be going o a whim for this years prediction. That really could go either way. But the sheer response in Japan by EVERY acclaimed dev there for Natal, just screams to me M$ are about to really crack Japan next year. Bear in mind that the Japanese love gizmos and new tech. Even if the games aren't that great where the west is concerned. With Japan devs onboard in force as they are, there will be alot of Japan tailored games in the east. I am pretty confident on my prtediction for next year.

I say no, without GT5, they don't a true killer app to outsell the 360 by 2miilion copies.
I see it that way,:

Sony will have huge Japanese numbers, excellent Others numbers and get outsold in NA.
The 360 has that $199 arcade which will sell crazy anyway, so people are underestimating that part.

The Wii will do crazy again and the biggest loser : PSP

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Just think about what a GT5 release would have been like around Christmas....that would have definitely sold some consoles.

But yeah, I agree...hopefully the gap is around 5 million by next year.  FFXIII should move quite a few consoles.

Biggest hold back for ps3 this holiday is the week software line-up (mainly just Uncharted 2)....but wowzers, beware spring....God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles, Final Fantasy XIII (US/EU), Star Ocean 4 (JP)....All those titles appeal to one country or another in a major way.  PS3 should have some brighter days ahead.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

selnor said:
Unclean said:
selnor said:
I predict the Forza 3 bundle and MW2 bundle will keep the 360 above 7 mill even turning it back to 8 mill. As of October 22nd 360 will outsell Ps3 WW. Selnors prediction.

Hell Yeah. ;)

Seriously though. 360 is very close already to PS3 numbers in America again. Europe is a way off. But the new Forza 3 bundle will seriously move consoles.  How is yet to be seen, but I say 360 will outsell in all regions except for Japan as of October 22nd. It may even be on top in America in 2 weeks time looking at this weeks figures.

What I cant wait for is the release weeks figures of Natal+360 package. I reckon with Natal releasing holiday 2010, 360 will outsell both Wii and PS3 for the rest of the gen in all regions. Japan is all over Natal like a rash. Remeber I made that prediction a year in advance.

With Uncharted2, Ratchet and Clank coming out in October, the PS3 will do just fine compared to the 360. Also the rebirth of GOW1 and 2 with a Demo coming out in November, PS3 console sales will be HUGE.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Unclean said:
selnor said:

Hell Yeah. ;)

Forza 3 is a system seller now?

Just like Killzone 2 was supposed to be, amirite?

>_>

Quality + bundles =/= system seller

There's a WHOLE lot more to it than that, from marketing, to brand recognition, to release window.  Hell, the only new system selling franchise created this gen on the ps3/360 is Gears of War, and it was an amazing new IP released under very unique conditions.

makingmusic476 said:
selnor said:
Unclean said:
selnor said:

Hell Yeah. ;)

>_>

There's a WHOLE lot more to it than that, from marketing, to brand recognition, to release window.  Hell, the only new system selling franchise created this gen on the ps3/360 is Gears of War, and it was an amazing new IP released under very unique conditions.

killzone 2 its not a noobs friendly game ;).

makingmusic476 said:
selnor said:
Unclean said:
selnor said:

Hell Yeah. ;)

>_>

Many people have been waiting for GT5 for ages to pick up a PS3. With alot of advertising showcasing the new graphics engine, Forza 3 can steal alot of those fed up gamers. I guess we will see, but Forza 3 I believe will sell 2- 3 millon more than Forza 2. It's all about temptation. In reality GT5 likely will see light in America and EU holiday 2010. It's only announced for Japan in March. Sony missed the ball this holiday with GT5.

The PS3 will be less than 4 million sales away from the XBox 360 by the end of 2009. The PS3 will overtake the XBox 360 in total sales in 2010.

I predict around 500k-1mln. PS3 sold during December in Japan alone OR atleast for the rest of year.
I predict PS3 selling weekly over 200k for the rest of year.
The gap will inevitably decrease.

The current gap between the two is 7.55 million.

With Japan 0.5-1.0 mln. in PS3 favour.
6.5-7.0 mln.

With NA - 0.5-1.0 mln. in PS3 favour.
5.5-6.5 mln.

With Others - 1.0-1.5 mln. in PS3 favour.
4.0-5.5 mln.