By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Natal Ricochet lags and has jittering.

huaxiong90 said:
Erik Aston said:
Eh... stopped reading the thread on page 5.

But just posting to say... If it's too early to bash, then it's too early to hype! If Microsoft wants to hype this thing up, then it's fair to knock it down as soon as they do.

It's easy to hype something based on potential. It ISN'T easy to knock something that hasn't gone gold.

You basically just outlined Microsoft's entire Natal strategy.

Why is this thing being shown on talk shows a year before it's supposed to come out? Because it's easy to get excited by potential, and hard to attack something which doesn't exist as a product yet.

"""Why?  This stinks of fanboyism.

The only reason to knock a technology down and try and stop any "hype" for it would be due to fear from fanboys of a competing system.   If your a true gamer you would wish it well and move along, even if it isn't your thing."""

People can play whatever games they like, and I wish them well. But Natal will have no games available for a year. I'm talking about Microsoft's hype. And since only MS developers, a few members of the games press, and talk show hosts and guests have played Natal, right now all the hype is basically MS marketing.

The only reason for Microsoft to hype an unreleased technology (before it is easy to attack it) would be due to fear of existing products on a competing system.

It's kind of similar to Killzone being hyped as the "Halo killer" years before release. Halo was in people's hands, but the promise of a "Halo killer" was supposed to slow the excitement around it. Even the early announcement of Vitality Sensor is the same sort of thing. The Wiimote's potential for FPS games was overhyped compared to the products of Red Steel or the Conduit. But Microsoft is the king of the pre-release hype, and look no further than Vista for proof.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
good grief... its been a couple of days of non stop threads bashing the 360.

ODST, Forza, Natal and losing money on consoles... Microsoft are fcuked according to VGC threads!!

There are many nice Sony fans here. But there are those who are angry for the following:

Natal has loads more dev support than Sony Wands.

Kojima loves Natal, and confirms stuff only possible on Natal ( meaning PS Eye cant do the alleged stuff Sony fans claim ).

Forza 3 has 2 write ups saying it's better than a game 3 years longer in development.

Forza 3 is out in 4 weeks.

ODST sold 2 mill in 24 hours.

Do I need to go on.

Erik Aston said:

But just posting to say... If it's too early to bash, then it's too early to hype! If Microsoft wants to hype this thing up, then it's fair to knock it down as soon as they do.

Kojima is doing the hyping. LOL.

And if you read the article rather than the op, you would know IGN love it.

Erik Aston said:
huaxiong90 said:
Erik Aston said:

It's easy to hype something based on potential. It ISN'T easy to knock something that hasn't gone gold.

You basically just outlined Microsoft's entire Natal strategy.

Why is this thing being shown on talk shows a year before it's supposed to come out? Because it's easy to get excited by potential, and hard to attack something which doesn't exist as a product yet.

"""Why?  This stinks of fanboyism.

The only reason to knock a technology down and try and stop any "hype" for it would be due to fear from fanboys of a competing system.   If your a true gamer you would wish it well and move along, even if it isn't your thing."""

People can play whatever games they like, and I wish them well. But Natal will have no games available for a year. I'm talking about Microsoft's hype. And since only MS developers, a few members of the games press, and talk show hosts and guests have played Natal, right now all the hype is basically MS marketing.

The only reason for Microsoft to hype an unreleased technology (before it is easy to attack it) would be due to fear of existing products on a competing system.

It's kind of similar to Killzone being hyped as the "Halo killer" years before release. Halo was in people's hands, but the promise of a "Halo killer" was supposed to slow the excitement around it. Even the early announcement of Vitality Sensor is the same sort of thing. The Wiimote's potential for FPS games was overhyped compared to the products of Red Steel or the Conduit. But Microsoft is the king of the pre-release hype, and look no further than Vista for proof.

None of the hype is Microsoft Marketing, it is all free from the press coverage it received at E3 and TGS.  Microsoft would have been foolish to turn away all the free press it has gotten.  And anyone who denies this is insane.  To simply bash something for it being hyped is silly and ignorant fanboy drivil. 

Who knows if Natal will live up to the hype?  I don't really care either way.  But I am interested in it and I hope they keep up the press coverage and excitement around it as long as they can.  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

HAR HAR HAR HAR

Around the Network
selnor said:
kowenicki said:
good grief... its been a couple of days of non stop threads bashing the 360.

ODST, Forza, Natal and losing money on consoles... Microsoft are fcuked according to VGC threads!!

There are many nice Sony fans here. But there are those who are angry for the following:

Natal has loads more dev support than Sony Wands.

Kojima loves Natal, and confirms stuff only possible on Natal ( meaning PS Eye cant do the alleged stuff Sony fans claim ).

Forza 3 has 2 write ups saying it's better than a game 3 years longer in development.

Forza 3 is out in 4 weeks.

ODST sold 2 mill in 24 hours.

Do I need to go on.

THIS!

Metallicube said:
There is no way technology like this will be flawless if it really is going to come out as soon as MS says it is, which is late 2010. I gaurantee either 1 of 2 things are going to happen.. Either Natal will come out as promised at the end of next year and come with flaws and gimped features (there's no way they can pull off that scanning business), OR the game will have rediculous delays pushing it to 2011 or 2012..

MS should really just wait until their next system to release this, otherwise it could be a disaster for them. I'm completely baffled that they would fracture their market and go through all the trouble of re-releasing the 360 with Natlal when they can just wait it out until the tehcnology is better and start fresh with the Next Box.

For people to buy a new Xbox + Natal would require a strong hardware upgrade otherwise people wouldn't bother. Why do that? They've got a great console right now with tons of games for it. When they release Natal+360 it will be like the Wii, a console that isn't much stronger then the one before it but people who are tired of the Wii will buy it for it's improved characters (compaired with the Wii) and full body motion.

Waiting would be a bad idea, especially if the PS-Wand is gaining awareness. And who are you to say that the technology isn't good enough for a late 2010 release? The Wii-Mote isn't flawless either but it managed to change gaming as we knew it. Besides people who have played it seem to agree that it's accurate and does what they want it to do. So hardware wise it seems to be ready, now just the software so that people want to buy it. I think they are waiting to release it not because it isn't ready buy because the want a line-up that feels like it's the beginning of something new.

Vashyo said:
So it's like pseye right now? The games on it are horrible. >_<

I just can't see anyone making a sharp movement detecting software right now, so I've had rather low expectations from natal and thought it to be the same as pseye, but since kojima and some others are so excited about it hopefully it really is that great.

Yeah, like microsoft haven't paid them for their public speeches being it part of a marketing strategy well known by Microsoft.

^ link or it didn't happen.
I would love to know if MS paid Kojima. I'm still waiting for proof MS paid him at e3.

Keep_the_change said:
Vashyo said:
So it's like pseye right now? The games on it are horrible. >_<

I just can't see anyone making a sharp movement detecting software right now, so I've had rather low expectations from natal and thought it to be the same as pseye, but since kojima and some others are so excited about it hopefully it really is that great.

Yeah, like microsoft haven't paid them for their public speeches being it part of a marketing strategy well known by Microsoft.

I feel terribly sorry you have such an irrational hate for a toy.  Your life must suck ass.