By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Natal Ricochet lags and has jittering.

I like how suddenly 2D simulation of 3D tracking = True 3D tracking... that's amazing and a complete show of deperation

Around the Network

"There's still a question mark over the technology's noticeable input lag -- Kudo Tsunoda assured us that the final product would aim for a more acceptable latency of 100ms -- but quick reflexes aren't really required to enjoy a game like Space Invaders casually"

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/25/tgs-2009-body-on-project-natal-with-space-invaders-extreme/

Looks like the input lag will at least be better before release.

^ that wont appease those that have no intention of buying it or a 360.

wait till it releases to judge it.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

100ms won't be too noticeable, though I'd prefer if it was even better than that. Hard to do with a full 3D body tracking technology without going too expensive, though, so I will accept the trade-off

Around the Network

I think the main problem is that it's a remake of a NES game that didn't have lag or jittering.

Keep_the_change said:

@ the whinners

I don't recall having any lag on beta build of Wii Sports or in the PS3 Wand first beta demonstration. The game should be already free on this lag and jittering, but yeah, it can be just a bad use of the Natal capabilities. Or maybe not.

are you kidding? Sony's wand demonstration on E3 had nothing BUT lag

also, you're the one whinning here, seeing as how you're the one who created a thread whinning about lag

Keep_the_change said:
@ ocn

The PS2 eye toy also used full body motion tracking, and the PSEye. Check this vid "project natal debunked":

LOL, nice find.

Lord Flashheart said:
That was one of them but I think there was a demo on a US live morning talk show where they wore normal clothes.

you mean the one where Matt Lauer demoed natal and it failed to reconize him for about 15seconds?  i'm sorry but you set yourself up for that one.

stika said:
Keep_the_change said:

@ the whinners

I don't recall having any lag on beta build of Wii Sports or in the PS3 Wand first beta demonstration. The game should be already free on this lag and jittering, but yeah, it can be just a bad use of the Natal capabilities. Or maybe not.

are you kidding? Sony's wand demonstration on E3 had nothing BUT lag

also, you're the one whinning here, seeing as how you're the one who created a thread whinning about lag

Lies, I watched E3 2009 about 10 times, and I never saw lag in the PS3 wand demo at all..