By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Natal Ricochet lags and has jittering.

Keep_the_change said:

@ the whinners

I don't recall having any lag on beta build of Wii Sports or in the PS3 Wand first beta demonstration. The game should be already free on this lag and jittering, but yeah, it can be just a bad use of the Natal capabilities. Or maybe not.

You're the only one whinning here... We are all saying wait  and see...

Around the Network

^

I am waiting, but you can discuss others impressions while waiting.

EDIT:  And if the camera wasn't limited to only 30fps motion tracking I wouldn't br creating this thread, because it would be clearly a bad demo.

You can move faster than 30 fps, at least I am, and those movements will give the camera some hard job.

That is the porpuse of the thread. One of them at least.

@ kow

No, you would be quicker than me on that one :P

^^ha, but it is far too soon to take any current issues with natal seriously.

Actually the technology works really well. Yes there is some lag but the jittery motion is due to the extreme sensitivity of Natal.
Really I can see how this technology is going to be a huge hit with kids (and even adults).
I also feel that Natal has an advantage over the Sony or Nintendo motion controllers in being able to use the entire body as controller input without the use of any extra hardware, except for the Natal camera that is.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network

It's not out for another year, so there is plenty of time to fix any issues.

@ ocn

The PS2 eye toy also used full body motion tracking, and the PSEye. Check this vid "project natal debunked":

WAY too early to be worrying about this stuff.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

kowenicki said:
good grief... its been a couple of days of non stop threads bashing the 360.

ODST, Forza, Natal and losing money on consoles... Microsoft are fcuked according to VGC threads!!

well compare to other websites...  :D

This just in - infomation travels at some finite speed.

Stay tuned for more breaking news as we reveal that the infomation actually travels SLOWER THAN or EQUAL TO the speed of light

Anyway, if this is still there at launch, it is indeed a problem... Lets not overreact