By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So TOV PS3 OUTSOLD TOV Xbox 360 in 1 week alone!..thoughts?

Are you impressed

Famitsu just said TOV PS3 sold 217K

Xbox 360's LTD was 190K for TOV.

So what do you feel about this?

Are you surprised?

Will this happen with SO4 too?

Finally

WHERE will it end up? will it be higher than WKC & become PS3's top selling JRG till "that game" comes in december?

1. I am surprised as with ES this didn't happen....

2. Yes it may happen with SO4 too

3. Below WKC in Total Sales imo

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Conclusion: Japanese are Xenophobic :D

I am very surprised.

kowenicki said:
well of course..... not surprising at all.

an install base 3 times larger will do that.

Really I recall some people claiming that late ports are going to finish like Eternal Sonata :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Not surprised at all...M$ needs to re-evaluate the value in trying to break into the Japanese market with JRPGs...Here's a hint M$...buy portions of EA that produce WRPGs and create more of those delicious delights, and don't go out of the way to make JRPGS (yuck!)

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

350 - 400k ltd in Japan maybe. They're always frontloaded over there and games stop selling shortly after.

Zlejedi said:
kowenicki said:
well of course..... not surprising at all.

an install base 3 times larger will do that.

Really I recall some people claiming that late ports are going to finish like Eternal Sonata :D

Excatly my thought, why is MS trying to invade into Japan, market, where their games have very little appeal. Also trying to come out with JRPG exclusive to japan, with such a little userbase is logical suicide.

Back to the topic - I'm not impresed at all, it was given that it will sell more than Xbox version, due to the above stated fact.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Not a surprise.

I suspect had it launched on PS3 at same time it would have sold more, so to be fair to MS you can see why they moved for timed exclusive - they slowed PS3 in Japan and convinced some people wanting ToV to move to 360.

MS's issue now will be keeping them as the title's lauch with more content on PS3 - I hate to generalize, but I get the impression that many gamers in Japan are happy to buy new versions with new content, and I could slowly see many of the jRPG gamers who bought 360 to get ToV and SO4, etc. shifting back to PS3 as the titles hit that platform with new stuff.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Wow I recall a lot of people predicting this selling only a little bit better than ES hell some were saying it would sell worse....Yeah I'm just going to say this. The game should have been a PS3 exclusive or Multiplat from Day 1. It would have sold much better. I also expect this to spike up into the top 10 during a week in Oct due to the ToV movie releasing that month.

Im also going to say that FFXIII will sell better on the PS3 in Europe and North America. Yeah I said it Quote Me On It Bitches!!!!

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Agreed, Most jrpgs from here on out will all sell better on PS3, not just in japan mind you...