By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ridiculous IGN FIFA 2010 review.

EUROGAMER gave it 9 / 10. Now how many games get 9 / 10 from EUROGAMER? It's quiete clear, FIFA 2k10 rocks, PES sucks. For 3rd year in a row.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network
tombi123 said:

I seriously don't understand how they can give it a 9.5 for Gameplay. I've played the demo and its average at best. Certainly not the most realistic football game, like they suggest. The annoying thing is, I know they are going to give PES 2010 an 8 at best :/

It is not a football game. FIFA is a soccer game.

Madden is a football game.

My Gaming Setup

oh right so youre comparing a review site that posted a review that is atually right on the average on metacritic, to your opinion after playing the demo.... yeah, the reviewers must be wrong because you know way more then them..

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

It's time for FIFA to revoke that license. Give it to Konami instead, FIFA, don't be stupid!

Neoraf said:
tombi123 said:

I seriously don't understand how they can give it a 9.5 for Gameplay. I've played the demo and its average at best. Certainly not the most realistic football game, like they suggest. The annoying thing is, I know they are going to give PES 2010 an 8 at best :/

NO FIFA is a Football Game

MADDEN is an American Football game

Football came before American Football

Soccer doesn't exist

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
axumblade said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Neoraf said:
tombi123 said:

Soccer doesn't exist

Soccer does exist. Americans just use a different word for it. You're both technically correct, although football is the more acceptable word for it worldwide. The American Football name doesn't make much sense to me (since the only time the foot and ball generally go together is the punting) but it's stuck with Americans, therefore, it would be hard to change at this point.

I just got a bit angry that he had the nerve to call FIFA not a football game but a soccer game & then say Madden is a football game.

The whole world except for america sees soccer as football & calls it that.

axumblade said:
darthdevidem01 said:
axumblade said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Neoraf said:
tombi123 said:

Soccer doesn't exist

Soccer does exist. Americans just use a different word for it. You're both technically correct, although football is the more acceptable word for it worldwide. The American Football name doesn't make much sense to me (since the only time the foot and ball generally go together is the punting) but it's stuck with Americans, therefore, it would be hard to change at this point.

I just got a bit angry that he had the nerve to call FIFA not a football game but a soccer game & then say Madden is a football game.

Hey! He is Canadian! I take no claim for what people call FIFA north of the U.S. border! :P

Its ok, my fight is with neoraf.....which sounds like neogaf, not you

{hugs axumblade's doggie thing in his avatar}

darthdevidem01 said:

Madden isn't a football game, soccer isn't football either. Football is my national sport, but people in other countries call it Rugby.

Tease.

I dont agree with the review. So it is ridiculous.

Squilliam said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Madden isn't a football game, soccer isn't football either. Football is my national sport, but people in other countries call it Rugby.

This is confusing enough without adding in Oceanic variations on games.

American football is one game (usually just called football in USA/Canada)

Football is one game (called soccer in USA/Canada.... Aus/N.Z too?)

Rugby is another game (well 2 in reality, as there is League and Union rugby with different rules/number of players)

Then what we in the UK call Aussie rules football seems to be a (quite violent) cross between football and rugby, at least from what I know about it. I would guess this is what you are referring to but feel free to correct me.