By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TGS 09: Forza 3 vs GT5 .. surprising verdict!

GT 5 looks better don't know what game he saw.

forza looks may have better online component.but then i am yet to play GT 5 online but it have voice/text chat.
and a GT World view and tons of online modes.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Stan85 said:
Infamous said:
The author usually posts pro-PS3 articles, so inb4bias accusations and such.

Then this is worse than I thought...

Anyway,can`t wait for them both...no matter what console you have,you will be racing this Xmass...unless you have a ps3.

GT5 is in 2010...how unlucky for ps3 owners...

To be fair, there's NFS Shift and DIRT 2 on both consoles.

I could reply with an equally stupid and trollish comment, but that would get me banned.

What you talking about? You already did a couple posts before!

That's your problem Kantor, you never add anything to the debate. It's always damage control with you.

MontanaHatchet said:
I read the Gameplay section, and it seemed like a win for Gran Turismo 5. I don't really care about the comparison anyways, and it's so damn pathetic that so many people do. Open your fanboy eyes.

Yeah, the gameplay section sounded like GT5 was ahead in that respect.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kantor said:
Infamous said:
Kantor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Stan85 said:
Infamous said:
The author usually posts pro-PS3 articles, so inb4bias accusations and such.

Then this is worse than I thought...

Anyway,can`t wait for them both...no matter what console you have,you will be racing this Xmass...unless you have a ps3.

GT5 is in 2010...how unlucky for ps3 owners...

OMG OMG

NFS Shift CONFIRMEd to be Xbox 360 exclusive?

_____

Isn't this the same BS site that spewed rubbish about how PS3 fanboys are the worst bla bla bla?

It's the same. Jim Sterling is the one who wrote that article, and all the other various "Sony sucks BUT I'M NOT A HATER!" articles. But it's not only him. Destructoid is just generally crap. Like their "10 reasons why Prototype is better than inFamous" article. It was apparently "a joke". Apparently, they don't realise that a joke article should be funny, and not filled with crappy filler like "Everything is the same case, not like inFamous".

This seems like a fair-ish comparison, but then Destructoid never have anything good to say about Sony (or Nintendo for that matter) so whatever.

ROFL. Are you seriously that disgruntled from joke topics? You do realize there's articles such as "why the PSP is blatantly better than DS" and such, right? Do you even visit that site reguarly? Most of the authors love their PS3 much more than their 360. There was an article about one of them buying a Slim and selling all their 360 multiplats and rebuying them on PS3 because of how much she liked the Slim.

Jim Sterling just has PS3 fanboys up his ass all the time for any little thing he writes. He loved his PS3 way more than his 360 and you'll most likely always find him playing it. Read his article about PS3 fanboys, look at the comments and look at VGchartz as a whole. It's ironic. Also, Jim is one of the many authors on that site, he just seems to get the most attention.

You shouldn't really post something if you have no idea what you're talking about.

I have never read a pro-Sony article by Destructoid. I have read a number of anti-Sony articles.

I don't read many Destructoid articles, only the ones that are posted here.

Do you not see it, bro? Sigh.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

After visiting the Forza 3 thread and seeing the demo...there is no way Forza 3 looks better than GT5. Everyone is saying the visuals are lacking. OP = Banned.

Around the Network

I think a lot of you have missed what he was saying in the gameplay part which in a way gives away that you guys don't know Forza.

In Forza as he states right in the first few lines he played on "medium". Now those who know this game know that it means playing with nearly every aid on. Meaning all you need to do is keep your finger on accelerate because it will turn for you, break for you, change gears for you, have a massive giant line on the road that changes color when you are supposed to break.

Translated means if you were a martian and had never played a racing game in your life you could play Forza on Medium mode.
However if you go up to advanced or expert that is where you are supposed to play it.

So what he is saying is that Forza was more aproachable for people i.e anybody where as people where playing GT and flying off and giving up, implying that it was not fun to do that.
Meaning the casual racers will be able to play Forza at medium and enjoy it while not enjoy GT.
If you change the settings then you are obviously not a new guy to racing games.
That is how i read it, i did not take it to mean gameplay was better at all on GT because as i mentioned he admits he did not try hard mode when in Forza their is no Hard mode. You have easy which is for total beginers, medium for people learning to race etc and then Advanced which is the real medium level game as all you have is the racing line. Then expert which means you have nothing to help you and even have to work the clutch etc etc

So as i said people obviously did not get what he was saying due to probably lack of knowledge with the simulation car games. Which is quite ironic when you think about it.

From the OP which is what everyone is going by, GT5 wins for me for both control and game play as I want a driving sim and not a arcade racer. Nothing wrong with arcade just I don't want this in a sim. Hyruken claims Forza can be as realistic yet this is not noted in the OP.

P.S I even used those "realistic tires" in GT series before so even in GT series they made tires stick to the road a lot better than in RL (except the realistic ones).

Not a surprising verdict, Forza has been getting higher review scores than the Gt games

@smidlee

He is not saying GT is realistic....
Again as i have just said he said people were playing GT, flying off the track and walking away from the game.
Those people who are playing it were not hardcore racing fans just casual gamers attending the show.
All he is saying is that the settings on Forza demo were set up to be more casual gamer friendly rather then over the top realistic. They were made to make people playing it last more then 5 secs before they fly off and total their car and have to give up their go. Saying that "it was not fun".

But im glad GT5 wins for you on both control and gameplay, i myself have yet to play it as im not in Tokyo, so all i have to go on are these previews. Of which seem to be saying the opposite to what your saying. But im sure your right and they are all wrong :)

wow so much damage control on both sides. People need to relax and just realize both games are gonna be amazing. They look extremly similiar (as far as graphics go) and everything else so theres no need to diss either one of these games especially before theyre released

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!