By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Brand new Forza 3 demo SCREENSHOTS!

ofcourse it looks better than PGR4

come on guys, there is a limit

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I just raced with the same car that is in the bottom NJ5 shot. It didn't look as bad on the game as it does in that shot (to me). I am not saying the shot is bogus or whatever but to me it looks MUCH better in motion. Like I said in another post, I don't think the cars look as good as what we were led on to believe but by no means are they horrible. And I hope this is simply an early build without the touchup.

I don't think we have a lot to worry about and I think the overall feel of the game is amazing. The track detail is as good or better than I was expecting (along with the cars handling).

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Glad to know that damndl0ser.

It's just a bit sad that Turn 10 repeatedly said they didn't doctor the screenshots in any way, and then it turns out it's not true.

edit - unless it turns out it's just this build...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

It's just a bit sad that Turn 10 repeatedly said they didn't doctor the screenshots in any way, and then it turns out it's not true.

Well, those shots may have been taken from the in game photo mode.  Which probably does do some post processing on the images.  In a sense they were not doctored after being recieved from the game's system.

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ofcourse it looks better than PGR4

come on guys, there is a limit

Considering that it's doing more than PGR4, I think the game looks great. From just a visual standpoint, I was more pleased with the overall look of PGR4 more. However, it is HEAVILY derailing the thread, I won't pursue it further...

Agreed and don't forget PGR4 also has real time weather effects so was a lot on screen with that game too, dam I love that game!

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
NJ5 said:

Well, those shots may have been taken from the in game photo mode.  Which probably does do some post processing on the images.  In a sense they were not doctored after being recieved from the game's system.

But there were also videos with similar or equal quality to the screenshots, and they were supposed to be in game footage...

Oh well, I'll just wait until I can download the demo to see how it is. Anyway it's good to know that gameplay-wise it doesn't disappoint.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Phobos said:

@FKN

Do you have an opinon on gameplay, too, or only on replay-mode?

edit:

@huaxo..

have you played the forza III demo?

Yes, and the only disappointing thing is the graphics.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
Phobos said:

@FKN

Do you have an opinon on gameplay, too, or only on replay-mode?

edit:

@huaxo..

have you played the forza III demo?

Yes, and the only disappointing thing is the graphics.

The biggest disappointment for me would be the crash effects.  I thought they would be so much better than what we have gotten on this demo.  I have tried over and over to flip the damnd car and I can't. 

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

When you talk about visuals you can only compare what the eye can see. 30 fps, 60 fps has no affect strictly speaking. And you can't even tell the difference between 60 fps and 100 fps. The eye doesn't process images that quickly, well I should say the brain.

Visual comparisons should not include how much is being drawn etc. That should be included in the processing, not visual category.

Anyways, yeah I thought Forza was going to compete graphically with GT5. But as everyone has been saying, good gameplay minus the sub-par damage, which I imagine is incredibly difficult to program (Computer Science Major :D). There is still time to up the graphics but maybe we are seeing the extent of what the xbox can handle? (Don't kill me).

I'll download the demo later tonight.

I'd love to get the problems FKNetwork is having, that'd be hilarious!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.