By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii HD > Attachment or New machine?

Who here thinks the new Wii will be just an add-on to the existing Wii upping the graphics and power. Or will it be an entirely new system?

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

Around the Network

New system showing up sometime between 2011 and 2013.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

RolStoppable said:
Oh man, does this nonsense ever stop? "The Wii needs HD graphics!!!"

No, it doesn't. The next Nintendo system will support HD.

Meanwhile, the 360 and PS3 are going to get "attachments", because they are behind the times.

Great counter post.. LOL

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

I couldn’t care if it had HD graphics or not, I like my Wii just as it is. It is everyone else that thinks it needs HD to be a contender in a battle that it is already wining.

I think the days of add-ons are behind us.

There won't be a Wii-HD. Why divide development efforts and why waste the money on R+D to match two systems that are both billions of dollars in the red when Nintendo is already set up to make a mint in software revenue in the next couple of years?

The next Nintendo system will support HD resolutions.

Around the Network

new system. nintendo didn't bank on hd and such a weapon is not worth introducing so late in the game

new machine with some ps3/x360 favourites as launch titles.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Here is to hoping that the "New Machine" will be at least backwards compatible with Wii games.

Cant really say- nintys most powerful approach (N64/GC)didnt get them all the sales they wanted... so While the Wii HD wont be the most powerful HD console out there.. it shd support 720p atleast... I dont know how an add on would work here really... an external graphics unit and CPU in parallel wouldnt mean anything given how weak the current wii architecture is..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Nintendo won't complicate things with some attachment. If they were to jump into HD games, it will be a new machine.

... in 2012.