By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii HD > Attachment or New machine?

Derixs said:
The only reason that I would even want my Wii to be HD is to get all the other games that third party companies make for the PS/360 that are only released on those systems. I would have loved to play a version of Resident Evil 5 on my Wii. I would have loved to play the new Street Fighter 4 game on my Wii, but we don’t get to because the Wii is not HD...

As CapGod said to Reggie, it's just not possible to put RE5 and SF4 on Wii using the Havoc engine. They'd have to build a whole new engine just for wii and then build the game from the groung up, which they won't do becuase its costly and they assume Wii's largely casual audience won't find the titles appealing. Even if they made an engine for the Wii and utilized all of its abilities, theres still only so much they do with a gpu that's less powerful than the orginal xbox's.

Around the Network
Mitsurugi said:
Derixs said:
The only reason that I would even want my Wii to be HD is to get all the other games that third party companies make for the PS/360 that are only released on those systems. I would have loved to play a version of Resident Evil 5 on my Wii. I would have loved to play the new Street Fighter 4 game on my Wii, but we don’t get to because the Wii is not HD...

As CapGod said to Reggie, it's just not possible to put RE5 and SF4 on Wii using the Havoc engine. They'd have to build a whole new engine just for wii and then build the game from the groung up, which they won't do becuase its costly and they assume Wii's largely casual audience won't find the titles appealing. Even if they made an engine for the Wii and utilized all of its abilities, theres still only so much they do with a gpu that's less powerful than the orginal xbox's.

Thought this was over with but I guess it never dies.

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

I doubt they would release such an addon, because their past systems (before GC and Wii) were all cartridge based, so graphical enhancing external hardware addons like the FX chip and the Expansion Pak had to connect directly into the hardware.