By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft buying EA?!

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/stor...FREE&cm_ite=NA

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0090923?rpc=44

Shares of Electronic Arts Inc (ERTS.O) jumped more than 4 percent to $19.36 on Wednesday on unsubstantiated talk that Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) might be interested in buying the video game publisher, traders said.

"There's talk that Microsoft might be interested in acquiring Electronic Arts. It's unsubstantiated chatter, but it's out there," said Frederic Ruffy, options strategist at WhatsTrading.com in New York.

A London-based trader also cited similar talk as making rounds in Europe. Microsoft shares were up 0.9 percent at $26 on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Ellis Mnyandu; Editing by Theodore d'Afflisio)

Around the Network

that would kill the ps3, the Wii could survive without EA

Wow, that'd be huge. Microsoft can definitely spend the money I suppose.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Damn that would be HUGE. Not gonna happen though. Ridiculous. EA is worth a lot of money I would imagine. Anyone got any figures?

if this true i feel sorry for myself. fifa exclusive? but ea must have a contract with fifa, nfl etc to bring it out on as many platforms as possible?

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Damn that would be HUGE. Not gonna happen though. Ridiculous. EA is worth a lot of money I would imagine. Anyone got any figures?

EA games could also make a lot of money for MS.;...

I dont think MSFT is this obsessive over the 360 brand.

Sorted by sales. http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=50&name=&console=&keyword=&publisher=105&genre=&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

Theres no way EA as a whole could be as successful as it is without the playstation brand or Nintendo brands.

By cutting out not only the PS3 install base but the Wii, if MSFT did this and assuming it would be an exclusive publisher, then theres no way they would be able to put out the same products and sustain not only profit or revenue.

Story Not Found....

hmmm..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

matt247 said:

not really , where do you think  most of wii's shovelware comes from?

PullusPardus said:
matt247 said:

not really , where do you think  most of wii's shovelware comes from?

Stop that. You know that's not true.

Most EA games on the Wii don't sell well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.