By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: "We absolutely have some new stuff to show in Tokyo"

Halo 3:ODST 2?

Around the Network

While I think MS had a better E3 than Sony, Sony has done a much better job, since then, of keeping their fan-base engaged.

If I was a Microsoft PR guy I would absolutely be interested in re-energizing the 360 faithful, and nothing does that better than new games. But seeming as Itagaki has stated that he is not announcing anything at TGS (and there is no guarantee he is even working with MS), I wonder what they do have to show?

Just announce Lost Odyssey 2. Nothing more or less. =)

Lost Odyssey 2 or die

I hope it's not a JRPG, but I predict it's a JRPG.

A counter to Demon's Souls would be nice, a really dark hardcore Asian made WRPG.

Around the Network

Ok, I actually think that Microsoft needs to acquire some Japanese studios. With most of the exclusive jrpgs that they originally got going multiplatform. They need to show that they actually keep some games that the Japanese want exclusive.

I hope they show some actual games for Natal.

CGI-Quality said:

Microsoft: “We will absolutely have some new stuff to show in Tokyo”

Microsoft will not be holding a press conference such as Sony is doing this year at the Tokyo Game Show, however, Aaron Greenberg has confirmed to Eurogamer that they'll be bringing at least some new things to the show.

"We are going to TGS this year, but unlike last year will not be doing a keynote. TGS is more like GDC, where typically only one platform company does a keynote each year and so, given that we hosted the keynote last year, we are going to step aside and let Sony have a turn on the stage.

"With that said, the Japanese market and the development community there is very important to us, so we will absolutely have some new stuff to show in Tokyo, but unfortunately you are going to have to wait a bit longer for the details."

They've already confirmed earlier that, like Sony, they'll also be announcing new games.

http://scrawlfx.com/2009/09/microsoft-we-will-absolutely-have-some-new-stuff-to-show-in-tokyo

Sounds good. New IPs would be welcome too!

At Bolded: OMG, How nice of MS to let Sony a Japanese company deliver the Keynote at a Japanese Event. Thank you MS, you are the most humble company in the world.

Seriously????

CGI, Axum, you guys are being sarcastic right. If anything that was the most arrogant thing they could have said.

Anyways, I hope it is something new. But I bet it will be Natal stuff.

is it just me or did they said that even Sonys keynote will look like big pile of fail compared to what they will show/announce on TGS? it sound like:"oh well we will give you that keynote since we will destroy you there anyway".

CGI-Quality said:
Lightning_24 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Microsoft: “We will absolutely have some new stuff to show in Tokyo”

Microsoft will not be holding a press conference such as Sony is doing this year at the Tokyo Game Show, however, Aaron Greenberg has confirmed to Eurogamer that they'll be bringing at least some new things to the show.

"We are going to TGS this year, but unlike last year will not be doing a keynote. TGS is more like GDC, where typically only one platform company does a keynote each year and so, given that we hosted the keynote last year, we are going to step aside and let Sony have a turn on the stage.

"With that said, the Japanese market and the development community there is very important to us, so we will absolutely have some new stuff to show in Tokyo, but unfortunately you are going to have to wait a bit longer for the details."

They've already confirmed earlier that, like Sony, they'll also be announcing new games.

http://scrawlfx.com/2009/09/microsoft-we-will-absolutely-have-some-new-stuff-to-show-in-tokyo

Sounds good. New IPs would be welcome too!

At Bolded: OMG, How nice of MS to let Sony a Japanese company deliver the Keynote at a Japanese Event. Thank you MS, you are the most humble company in the world.

Seriously????

CGI, Axum, you guys are being sarcastic right. If anything that was the most arrogant thing they could have said.

Anyways, I hope it is something new. But I bet it will be Natal stuff.

You really think that was meant as an insult to Sony?

I don't think it was an insult but it seemed back handed to me. Look at who's saying it Aaron Greenberg, i hate that man, he is arrogant himself. He obviously didn't mean it with all love. But there isn't much to go on except his character and the things he has said before, i don't really like him. If maybe someone else from MS said it that wasn't like him i wouldn't see it this way.