By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 review by Gamereactor (Sweden) - Amazingly high score again!

Does anyone know if the Coop Arena in the final game will go beyond 10 rounds?

With regards to the Coop being a dissapointment comment, the Coop in the beta is better than the coop in most games I've played.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

So...basically most of you are complaining about the score because it's not what YOU think it deserves, based on (insert reason here). Well isn't that what a review is? These people may have degrees, or experience in gaming, but in the end, it's their opinion, and it can either coincide with your views, or not. This man does for some, and doesn't for others, but really...is this 1 review going to sway you? You know that Naughty Dog has only made quality games, and from your experience with the first Uncharted you know it's going to be a great game. You can judge for yourself. The thought of Uncharted 2 getting anything less than a 9 may not sit well with you, but to bash, and gripe about this review is pointless. Many other games have recieved scores that are what most consider to be too high, or too low, or surrounded by hype, or not given enough...but in the end, it's your decision as a consumer to evaluate for yourself, and do your own research as to why a game (or anything for that matter) is worth your money, time and energy, or not. As for me...this game could've gotten a 1/10 from this reviewer, i'm still picking it up, because i'm a sucker for Naughty Dog, and adventure games.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Whatever. It's not going to get ALL 9s and 10s. And it's... their... opinion....

That was hard to say.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

DaBuddahN said:
I thought it has been established that Uncharted 2 has virtually no loading time? Anyways, this review is fishy, I do not give it much credibility. Maybe they played the beta and gave the game a full review based on that. Anyways, the SP is longer, it has multiplayer...yet according to them it has less replay value than the fist? Fail.

An 8/10 is nothing to scoff at, but this stood out to me as well.  ND has claimed there'd be no load times, and no other more credible source (GamesRadar, IGN) mentioned load times as an issue.    He also seemed to gloss over the multiplayer, saying just play GOW2 or OTSD... so yeah, credibility is questionable.

BW hi everyone, im new.

brianblair said:
DaBuddahN said:
I thought it has been established that Uncharted 2 has virtually no loading time? Anyways, this review is fishy, I do not give it much credibility. Maybe they played the beta and gave the game a full review based on that. Anyways, the SP is longer, it has multiplayer...yet according to them it has less replay value than the fist? Fail.

An 8/10 is nothing to scoff at, but this stood out to me as well.  ND has claimed there'd be no load times, and no other more credible source (GamesRadar, IGN) mentioned load times as an issue.    He also seemed to gloss over the multiplayer, saying just play GOW2 or OTSD... so yeah, credibility is questionable.

BW hi everyone, im new.

Welcome, welcome

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Around the Network

sound and lasting appeal?
those are 2 of their highest.

brianblair said:
DaBuddahN said:

BW hi everyone, im new.

Agreed. I was ok with an 8/10 until I read the loading issues.

And welcome.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

On another note :

Eurogamer france : 9/10

http://www.eurogamer.fr/articles/uncharted-2-among-thieves-test?page=1

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
isn't 8/10 like "not high" in todays terms of looking at review scores?

It's considered average. Nevertheless, IMO 8/10 is a good score, I don't see a problem.

A B is average?

I would say a 7/10.

It's just that simple.

Videogirl said:
On another note :

Eurogamer france : 9/10

http://www.eurogamer.fr/articles/uncharted-2-among-thieves-test?page=1

Oh, that's pretty cool.  Eurogamer usually gives a really tough review.