By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Sony Get A Victory At Home?

naznatips said:
makingmusic476 said:
naznatips said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the PS3 will be above the Wii for the next couple weeks. After that I don't see it happening again until FFXIII.

MGS4? C'mon, man. :P

Unless it drops when Brawl drops. The the Wii will keep it's lead.

People overestimate MGS in Japan. It sells less in Japan than Hot Shots Golf, and HSG sure didn't boost the PS3 above the Wii. GT5 will have a shot at it for a few weeks unless it comes out near Brawl or Mario Kart.

Hot Shots Golf managed to push the ps3 from 10k to 40k units a week. If it came out now, it would've pushed the ps3 over the Wii. At the time, however, the Wii was still pushing 70k+ a week solely on hype.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
With the price cuts and the release of Eye of Judgement and Imabikisou the 23 the PS3 should pull ahead of the Wii until Mario Galaxy.PS3 has some good software coming to Japan this end year in any case .Sony is bringing there a localized version of Ratchet and Clank ,they have Heavenly Sword ,they have Time Crisis 4 ,they have Gran Turismo 5 Prologue ,they have Dynasty Warriors 6,the about to be released Imabikisou and Eye of Judgement ,maybe even White Knight Story ....Wii has seen most of its heavy hitters delayed (Smash ,Kart ,Nights )but still has Galaxy and Wii Fit we will see what happens .

Smash, Mario Kart and Nights have been released. Damn I am missing something!

redspear said:
Diomedes1976 said:
With the price cuts and the release of Eye of Judgement and Imabikisou the 23 the PS3 should pull ahead of the Wii until Mario Galaxy.PS3 has some good software coming to Japan this end year in any case .Sony is bringing there a localized version of Ratchet and Clank ,they have Heavenly Sword ,they have Time Crisis 4 ,they have Gran Turismo 5 Prologue ,they have Dynasty Warriors 6,the about to be released Imabikisou and Eye of Judgement ,maybe even White Knight Story ....Wii has seen most of its heavy hitters delayed (Smash ,Kart ,Nights )but still has Galaxy and Wii Fit we will see what happens .

Smash, Mario Kart and Nights have been released. Damn I am missing something!

He said delayed, not released. :P

The white ps3 seems to be getting a lot of preorders and i really want the white dualshock3 controller.

PSN ID: getrdone25

makingmusic476 said:
naznatips said:
makingmusic476 said:
naznatips said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the PS3 will be above the Wii for the next couple weeks. After that I don't see it happening again until FFXIII.

People overestimate MGS in Japan. It sells less in Japan than Hot Shots Golf, and HSG sure didn't boost the PS3 above the Wii. GT5 will have a shot at it for a few weeks unless it comes out near Brawl or Mario Kart.

Hot Shots Golf managed to push the ps3 from 10k to 40k units a week. If it came out now, it would've pushed the ps3 over the Wii. At the time, however, the Wii was still pushing 70k+ a week solely on hype.

Right, but the Wii has only been this low during the Fall, Japan's slow period.  The other 3 seasons of the year are the strong hardware seasons in Japan and those are when the Wii will thrive.  

Around the Network
naznatips said:
makingmusic476 said:
naznatips said:

Say hello for Portable Ops there naznatips ... best selling reagion for it is Japan ... your the one whois underastimating it all the time . Its no DQ , or FF , but its still as a shure sle bet as Monster Hunter , so yeah , the MGS4 week will push many japanese PS3s :)

On topc : it will probably , IF and ONLY the 40 gb model is released :) 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!